General Weekly Fun Q: Worst card to lose to & best to win with?

Pff... I raise you a

What even is this effect on a green card?!
That's not a raise, that's a stunt...
Stunted has the discard disease. Not really effective at high mana cost due to the low hand size of the opponent (Wit's end anyone?). Plow costs 2 land drops and 2 card draws. Stunted on the other hand has a ceiling of 3 card draws but is a downright awful topdeck, and is bad in multiples. The last two cons do not hold for plow.

Yeah, I agree, stunted is not green at all.

Plow Under was meta at some point during the Standard after all of Raffinity was banned. At least top 3 deck.

I don’t recall Stunted Growth ever seeing play.

Both are horrible to play against if you ask me.
Well, I do like a challenge so I do not mind playing against it. As long as there is a reasonable way that I can still win. The following cards can present a challenge but are beatable.

The following do you have the answer now or die are not fine in my book.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Having considered both Stunted growth and plow under for my cube at some point (I've grown a little), I hate plow under more because it always works AND it stops you from using the resources you do already have. Hypothetically you can get stunted growth'd and still win by like, untapping, casting the last card in your hand and it's like, sulfuric vortex and they still die.

Plow under always works and works better in multiples. My experience with it was in standard alongside eternal witness.

If you want a less toxic Plow Under, there's always...

It's your choice of two of the following:

One of these cards is not like the other cards...

Yep! Which has fantastic synergy with shuffling that player's graveyard into their library...

Even though Cryptic Command gets all the press, Primal Command is my favorite Command.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
the thing about the library shuffle is, if they played a bunch of spells and lands and their yard is mostly spells… i just stacked their deck
Sometimes shuffling away a key planeswalker or enchantment is still the correct play, and often decks that like to fill the yard do so for a reason. Sometimes (slightly) improving their draws is worth it.

the thing about the library shuffle is, if they played a bunch of spells and lands and their yard is mostly spells… i just stacked their deck
The nice thing is that you don't have to do the shuffle if they'd actually benefit from it. You can tutor up a critter or gain a bunch of life instead.

Or you can exile their graveyard and then make them shuffle it into their library...