General Weekly Fun Q: Which land would you rather live in?

If you had to live in the fantasy setting of a Magic land card, which would it be?

Please comment by uploading a picture of the card instead of using the ci-mechanic because you might not get the accurate version of the card to show.

This is mine

1639177767608.png

Assuming I had a way to transport myself around.

(Stay tuned for a new question next Friday)

I think there's only one logical choice...
478c3df6-da4e-48bd-92d5-349bc60d7150.jpg

I mulled over this for awhile but I ultimately stuck with the first one that came to mind
8b63efb6-249c-4f57-9af1-baffe938520c.jpg

Maybe it's my overall fascination, but I quite like the minimalist aesthetic. (Although I've never lived in it, so maybe it would just drive me crazy).

Offtopic: Do you think Memnarch is the type of dude that gets all his furniture from IKEA?

BB3CFD0D-1DCE-4121-A24F-96241D1B124B.jpeg
I always thought I’d want to live in pre-conflux Bant. It is safer than the majority of planes; violence is controlled and ritualised; I could probably get a job as a healer (I work in healthcare); and the castles look like reasonable places to live. The countryside looks pleasant, though I grant not as otherworldly as other examples.

They have 5G Polders now, right?
Well, there is 5g in the most populated places. These coincide with polders...

Read: 2/3ish of the population lives BELOW sea level. The definition of polder is human pumped dry land (primary example the province of Flevoland, with the exemptions of a few islands which became part of the new province, e.g. Urk, Schokland). With the rising sea levels the name polder and lower than sea level becomes a bit ambiguous.

Also, the dutch pump gas which lowers the land level (and gives tremors, which onderzeeboot can confirm).

I mulled over this for awhile but I ultimately stuck with the first one that came to mind
8b63efb6-249c-4f57-9af1-baffe938520c.jpg

Maybe it's my overall fascination, but I quite like the minimalist aesthetic. (Although I've never lived in it, so maybe it would just drive me crazy).

Offtopic: Do you think Memnarch is the type of dude that gets all his furniture from IKEA?
oof, good choice. Could you imagine living like THAT!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Imagine having the option to go to a myriad of fantasy worlds, even having the chance to study magic at a Strixhaven campus, and instead opting to stay in the real world and work for Hasbro.
Nah fuck working for hasbro, but we're all here talking about magic aren't we?
Like yeah Library of Alexandria probably has better weather than Toronto, but I've got like, healthcare. That's kinda big.

1639280820700.png

I run Theros basics in my draft kit thingy. This Theros forest in particular reminds me of the forests I grew up in. Beautiful sunset coloration too.

Walkable neighbourhood in the heart of Ravnica with plenty of nature around, where a welcoming, tight-knit community raises their children as a village. Spectacular views.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Bant and Selesnya Conclave were actually my nr 2 and 3 answers. But yeah, the Netherlands beats them both, what with having access to the internet and great healthcare :p

Walkable neighbourhood in the heart of Ravnica with plenty of nature around, where a welcoming, tight-knit community raises their children as a village. Spectacular views.
I take mine back. This is where I want to live!
Not only was it my win con in my most competitive deck ever, I also like it for the reasons you've stated. Only problem is Gruul, Dimir, Rakdos and Orzhov are trying to ruin the peace for us. Well maybe Orzhov also wants peace, just not the way I want it.