General Who's the beatdwon - my college project

Hey friends, I have a somewhat strange request today. Maybe you can help me with something I need to do for college, especially finding suitable sources. I'm studying to be a teacher and in a seminar we were given the task of planning a school lesson in detail and according to all the rules - but the topic is our hobby. I couldn't resist choosing Magic as the topic, even though it's difficult to find sources that seem reputable and at least somewhat 'scientific'.

The topic I chose was 'Who's the Beatdown?', i.e. the skills to recognize when to switch to offense or defense. Since the learning group is made up, I assume basic knowledge and knowledge of the macro archetypes, tempo and card advantage. I am grateful for any sources that might be relevant.

I'd imagine Google has offshoots of the original article. Googling things like aggro vs control, midrange mirrors, etc, could lead to more.

https://articles.starcitygames.com/articles/thoughtseize-you/
This article has Reid Duke analyzing the usage of Thoughtseize. Not exactly "Who's the Beatdown?", but it looks at changing tactics based on what you're up against.

"There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers."
Maybe this is relevant. I haven't read this exact article, but the quote has always stood out in my mind.