Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Dom Harvey

Contributor

tOzbhZz.jpg

Reactions: CML
I saw that Ob Nixilis and thought we were back in the "Worst Art" thread.

His art looks about as lazily done as half of the Mega evolutions for Pokemon. They even followed the same formula of just slapping more spikes on him and maybe a set of wings with a tail. Still doesn't stop the fact that he's great for people who hate shuffling and can grow pretty big if you have a plan built around something like Carrion Feeder.

Reactions: CML
Yawgmoths Will - probably overpowered if you have multiple rituals, slow card advantage otherwise, probably better options.

Waste Not - need a large density of discard, which is probably missing from the majority of our cubes. Not sure it's even worth the effort then. Poisionous.

Akroan Crusader - environment dependent. FSR plays it I believe.

Zurs Weirding - miserable to play against, I would leave it out.

Thrun - didn't we just have a huge debate in another tread about him? My vote is no.

Tangle Wire - again, we just had a whole thread devoted to this. I like it a lot.

Angelic overseer - appears to be a midrange card that pulls you into humans. Somebody here has been raving about it (grillo?) seems interesting, give it a go if you fancy it.

Rough/tumble - doesn't seem very exciting, I think there are more interesting red sweepers.

Winter Orb - unfun, no.

Hypnotic spectre - nostalgia factor, environment (speed & removal) dependent. Probably fine.

rough // tumble is one of my favorite magic cards but there's stronger power level options if that's what you're looking for

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Akroan Crusader is weird. It passes the value test that I use generally for heroics (If I trigger it once, does it provide a good value? See Favored Hoplite, Fabled Hero, Agent of the Fates, etc.). A 1 mana dragon fodder is nice BUT the problem I've had is that a vanilla 1/1 body usually isn't something I want to target and going out of your way to get a 1 mana dragon fodder is iffy. He's ok if you have attack triggers or anthems or use him as an engine, but its harder to find the right deck for him.

CML

Contributor
rough // tumble is one of my favorite magic cards but there's stronger power level options if that's what you're looking for

just bored of pyroclasm is all. might be a fun draft-around with fliers in the same way you see rough//tumble run in legacy RUG delver.

probably not enough targets, even with bestow, for crusader, right?