Recent content by Nanonox

  1. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    I am 100% in agreement with you and I think I even said so myself in the previous post. I appreciate critique even if it isn't positive! This is in no way scummy. If my little project inspired you to create something in the same space, I'm glad, because then, I'll be the one stealing your...
  2. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    I have a draftable version of the cube available here. Settled on 17 lands per player, with no shuffling. That's not exactly true as I still run Inverter of Truth and Chaos Warp, but those are one of events. I still have counters and two types of tokens (Eldrazi spawns and Germs), so not...
  3. Nanonox

    General Fight Club

    If you want swingy and splashy, I think the clear pick is Entreat the Dead. It scales and can completely surprise the opponent out of nowhere. Here are some other suggestions. I have two reanimation cards I like for your power level, but both are blue! They follow the same A+B+C style of play...
  4. Nanonox

    Goblin Game

    I was wondering if you've ever experimented with 5 packs of 8 cards, no wheels. Considering that for my own no deckbuilding cube. Thinking that seeing a fresh pack gives you another first pick and no time wasting figuring out what could wheel. Simple, nothing!
  5. Nanonox

    General CBS

    You had me with Bottled Cloister, but lost me with stuff like Farid and Ramos. I do agree that there are some new old bordered cards worth a look, but it’s stuff like these Mesa Enchantress Rishadan Dockhand Think Twice Silent departure Underworld connections Dark withering Empty the warrens...
  6. Nanonox

    General Fight Club

    Tithing Blade and Poet's Quill have too many things going on with learn and craft. Barbed Bloodletter is ok, but wither isn't particularly enticing for me. My Precious seems fine, but reads as a Village Rites first and artifact second. Scepter of Fugue seems particularly low powered and kind...
  7. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    Fleshing out the whole no deckbuilding idea, I figured I would start with a known quantity and mimic Goblin Game's structure. I love the idea that you have 40 cards and if you have any limited experience at all, you know you need 17 lands. The curve is high enough here that 136 lands (17 per...
  8. Nanonox

    Erik's "The cool side of Magic" cube

    Is there a reason you want to squadron rather than breaking singleton for Welder? Pod would be a good candidate for sure if you go that route. I share your experience with Loki’s Scepter, it’s in an awkward spot and rarely makes the main deck of my test drafts. Offense single-handedly helped...
  9. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    Good shoutouts! I'm definitely adding Power Sink as a weird ancient thing and a playable counterspell. Vortex is tougher mechanically and visually to include, but it could be represent the Star people's advanced cognition or something. You made me think of another weird one Paradigm Shift The...
  10. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    I've been selecting some diverse representations of various civilizations, but I think the cube would be more resonant with lineages you can come across yourself. I'm talking about stuff like these One eyeball gang Frilled Oculus -> Component Collector -> Creeping Peeper or Kami of Twisted...
  11. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    No deckbuilding desert cubes are all the rage right now in the cube community and I was thinking, why couldn't I join in on the fun. Can this project turn into such a beast, where players would be forced to look at and enjoy all the weird creatures included? Maybe, but I don't have a clean way...
  12. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    Nope you are 100% right. I shared the cube list, but truth be told, it's a little early as I'm mostly cataloging right now. Patron of the Arts could represent the Saurosapients who have a rich culture, but it looks like ass as a whole. That is a fantastic find and now I am dreading going...
  13. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    Modified humans, first pass My first pass of modified humans was to look through the horror type. One thing to remember is that the card needs a modern frame printing to be consistant with the timeline. I would love an Anurid Brushhopper here, but can't do it. There are a lot of other cool ones...
  14. Nanonox

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    I'm looking for cards like Ebon Praetor in sets before Mirage. Ebon Praetor I'm talking about incomprehensible art you have no context with which to understand what is happening. Thanks!
  15. Nanonox

    All Tomorrows

    You hit the nail on the head here. That's definitely going to be a challenge and one that sounds tough to balance when it's flavor + art first. These are some solid choices. I want some humans to be distorted, but will likely use some completely degenerate creations too. Ooh, love a...
Top