1997 Cube

So a friend of mine and I have been working on a cube with the intent of eliciting maximum nostalgia. Currently we've decided that our cutoff would be Weatherlight. (We're going to try to avoid cards with art that references the Rath story for flavor purposes.) I know people have said that "old" cubes can lead to stale games, but we want to try it anyway.

So, basically I went through every card printed from alpha to Visions and compiled a list of those that might be on the same semi-strong power level to build from. I know this isn't the ideal way to build a cube, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm planning to carve it down quite a bit.

Size is undetermined but my friend wants it to be at least 450, probably more, so that people get to see as many different old cards as possible.

Here's what I've got so far as a VERY rough draft. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/17688

Note: banding is cool and we're gonna try to make it work. Also, we may play with damage on the stack.

I love this, so so much. I've seen 93-94 cubes before, so to have this many sets, and try to include cards from all of them, is ambitious.

If you are using banding, make sure that everyone knows how it works, otherwise it just leads into weird rule discussions.

With all of those walls, you could run things like the glyphs, that's fun stuff ;)