Archetype-Focused Cube [360] and Clear First Picks

Long-time lurker, first-time poster (Hello!). My cube list, an explanation, then a question:

http://www.cubetutor.com/cubeblog/36069

The Cube:

- Small [360] cube intended for 4-8 drafters or 2-4 sealed pools
- Commons/Uncommons for the most part, with a handful of synergistic rares
- Singleton broken for staple card effects
- Intended to provide a deep limited format with a relatively flat power level (hopefully no overpowered rares, and only a few sideboard-only cards)
- Designed to have more than one way to draft any given color combination (for variety's sake), while also having enough overlap to allow you to pivot if one of your colors dries up half way through a draft

My inspiration for that last bullet is Khans of Tarkir draft, where you could (for example) begin by drafting red-white looking to Mardu, only to later shift into Jeskai if the black dries up, WITHOUT losing too many of your previous picks. The same principles are at play here, but with a focus on two-color decks necessitating plenty of overlapping archetypes.

The Archetypes:

Manaw.gif
Renown, combat tricks
Manau.gif
Scry and skies
Manab.gif
Sacrifice effects and 2/2 Zombie tokens
Manar.gif
Elemental tribal
Manag.gif
Ramp

Manawu.gif
Azorius
Awaken Tempo - Halimar Tidecaller + Clutch of Currents and creatures with Prowess and/or Flying
Awaken Control - the same Halimar Tidecaller, now with Planar Outburst, walls, and countermagic
Manawb.gif
Orzhov
Orzhov Bleeder - wins with repeatable life drain effects like Extort and Shadows of the Past
Auramancer - cheap, aggressive creatures supplemented with Bestow and black disruption
Manaub.gif
Dimir
Dimir Control - removal, countermagic, Flashback, and Dinrova Horror
Saboteur Tempo - Mask of Riddles and such. I should probably use Ninjutsu here
Manaur.gif
Izzet
Pyromancer - Guttersnipe & co., with plenty of Flashback and Rebound spells
Elementalist - Elemental tribal: Incandescent Soulstoke, Mulldrifter, etc.
Manabr.gif
Rakdos
Rakdos Attrition - hand disruption, burn, and difficult-to-deal-with creatures
Mutiny Combo - Mark of Mutiny + Blazing Hellhound, aggressive sacrifice and burn
Manabg.gif
Golgari
Golgari Aristocrat - tokens, sacrifice outlets, death triggers, and more tokens
Graveyard Rock - black-green good stuff with a self-mill/reanimator sub-theme
Manarg.gif
Gruul
Wolves Aggro - Wolfbitten Captive, Kruin Outlaw, other friendly dog people
Geomancer - "lands matter" stompy. Landfall effects + things like Zendikar Incarnate
Manarw.gif
Boros
Boros Voltron - a more all-in Bestow build. Can Double Strike an opponent to death out of nowhere
Battalion Aggro - "go wide" aggro strategy. Tokens + mass pump like Inner-Flame Igniter
Managw.gif
Selesnya
Selesnya Aggro - creatures with Renown and Soulbond backed by tons of combat tricks
Token Swarm - Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage, other token producers, and Sigil Blessing
Managu.gif
Simic
Flash Tempo - countermagic and Flash creatures work well with werewolf transformations
Eldrazi Ramp - Nest Invader and Eldrazi Skyspawner evolve into Bane of Bala Ged

...and some general mechanical overlaps (these are not necessarily 3-color decks):

Abzan - Tokens
Jeskai - Prowess, "spells matter"
Sultai - Flashback, "graveyard matters"
Mardu - Bestow, direct life loss effects
Temur - Multicolor elementals

The Question:

First, does this really work? I could use some more draft data, to see if packing this much mechanical layering into such a small cube actually pays off for people like I've intended. I appreciate any time you're willing to give this!

Second, and more specifically: how easy are clear first picks coming to you when drafting? This cube was originally common and uncommon only (lands aside), with a very flat power level, and my drafters and I were having trouble finding a pick to zero in on when confronted with 15 solid B-level cards. I have since added in a smattering of rares, to better mimic an actual limited environment. If any of you have experience adding rares to a formerly pauper or peasant cube, I'd appreciate your input. How'd I do?

Any other more general input is also welcome! Thanks!

Welcome Jake :) ! Had a fun time drafting this! Who needs other things when you can just two-drop lol. In all seriousness, I guess I ended up in a sort of go-wide RW deck, with Retreat to Emeria and fortify as my anchors. Didn't see as many token-makers as I wanted (besides the retreat). Looking at the list, this might be something that needs a little bit more of a nudge? In red especially I'm not seeing as many as I'd expect. Cards like mogg war marshal are excellent.

On the note of noticeable first picks: seems to me there are some uncommons in you list that stand out strongly on their own. I'm not sure that resorting to rares is required but that's certainly up to you. One example of a good uncommon for W(/B) would belingering souls. This is cast twice, helping all of the extort you've got, and it produces 4 good tokens for your go-wide. Another card I noticed was lightning helix. This card is incredibly strong on it's own, and in this list it looks like it really shines. maybe slow it down to warleader's helix? Just a couple specific observations.

Overall, the format looks very fun! I was definitely feeling the flexibility, and was sore tempted a couple times to branch out into black for orzhov lovin'.

Last note: Conspiracy's are ludicrously strong, almost unilaterally. They should really never be passed ever. Look at my case in particular: I can name Stoke, Helix, Fortify, or arc lightning and it'd feel bonkers as any of them. I'd probably go for Stoke, just to maximize my top-end removal.

Enjoyed drafting this! I was really drawn to black removal spells. Every deck I drafted had Shriekmaw as an early pick!!

Other than my first draft where I took the Iteration conspiracy card, the power level did seem slightly flat, but very close. I would have enjoyed some more early picks that had a more magnetic pull to them!

Good job overall, keep iterating!

Just gave this a blind draft and went for Golgari ramp as it seemed like a low risk strategy. I was rewarded with a third pack Pelakka Wurm!

It actually feels similar to my peasant cube, which makes sense given that they share a lot of cards. I'd be happy to swap some drafting time on each other's cubes. I'll dig through the list itself and come up with some feedback soon!