Card/Deck Birthing Pod

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... can't overcome the "fake commander card" syndrome on that one. It just feels and looks so absurd.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
What? Maelstrom Wanderer is too elegant to be a commander card. Try:

Creatures you control have haste.
Cascade, cascade.
Creature spells you cast from your hand have cascade.
URG: Return Maelstrom Wanderer to its owner's hand. Then cascade, why not.

Casting cost URG 7/5

What? Maelstrom Wanderer is too elegant to be a commander card. Try:

Cascade, cascade.
Creature spells you cast from your hand have cascade.
URG: Return Maelstrom Wanderer to its owner's hand. Then cascade, why not.

Casting cost URG 7/5

Casting cost XURG
Enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters, where X is the amount of mana spent on ~.
Cascade, cascade, then cascade X (to cascade X, int i = 0; while (i < x ) {i++; cascade;}).
Creatures enter the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters and have cascade X.
URG: Exile ~. Return ~ to the battlefield at the begining of the next end step.
When ~ would leave the battlefield or enter the Command Zone from anywhere, cascade X.
7/5

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Vortex Stroller {9}{U}{R}{G}
Legendary Creature - Elemental Headache
Spells you control have cascade.
Cascade, cascade.
Whenever you cast a creature card, gain 5 life and add {R}{U}{G} to your mana pool.
Whenever you cast a noncreature, nonland card, draw a card.
9/9

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
there was a time period when Jason refused to use CubeTutor, and instead carted around a .txt file

those were the days

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, I love my Google doc. Not sure what to do about CT because it won't actually have accurate list information. If I include all the cards people are going to think I have a weird 460 card clunker, and if I sample a list and hide cards in the sideboard I think people will only look at the main list. It's also way easier for me to tinker with a .txt or a doc.

Running a poly feels so much better to me, but I know it's less accessible to everyone else.

Aoret

Developer
Oh man, I love my Google doc. Not sure what to do about CT because it won't actually have accurate list information. If I include all the cards people are going to think I have a weird 460 card clunker, and if I sample a list and hide cards in the sideboard I think people will only look at the main list. It's also way easier for me to tinker with a .txt or a doc.

Running a poly feels so much better to me, but I know it's less accessible to everyone else.

I could write a program that converts my list into a forum visual spoiler, would that be useful?

I think the polycube thing is friggin sweet and I'm stoked that all this hot shit software makes it easy to do. Tbh even just the list as a giant ass list of card tags would work for me (or if we had a way to turn on the docs autocard addon for your cube list for everyone). Just some way I can remind myself what cards do if I'm unfamiliar.