Card/Deck blue black

Yeah, D-Tutor is really best in a powered cube where you really can just end the game T2-3 if you open land, Mox, D-Tutor.
Also, tutoring is fun unless you're the one watching someone else tutor for 10 minutes during your end step, so I prefer tutors with restrictions, like Pod and Teachings, where your target list is more like 5 cards as opposed to 30.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
If you are meta gaming your removal to match your threats its really important for the ub deck to have access to the right answers, which is why the tutors are so important to them. With generically powerful removal I suppose raw card draw is fine, but I feel that takes away somewhat from the distinct toolbox personality of the deck. Though black removal often times has some sort of condition on it, so maybe you need the tutors regardless.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Bumping because I've been unable to fashion an interesting identity for UB. What do your UB control decks look like? Reanimator? What else have you been able to do with it?

Aoret

Developer
A few axes that I've found that can differentiate control decks with black in them:
None of these are super strong themes (except maybe Tezz, which is a little bit flat, but fun enough to be worth it). I do find that they differentiate black control though, and it's nice to want to play something other than UW control in cube. I think if you run recursive graveyard aggro, white can be more attractive due to having better tools to handle those threats. The only one of the above that I think is a real payoff is the discard; not many things feel better than Thoughtsieze -> hold up countermagic on the play where you have almost full knowledge of whether or not you should pull the trigger.