Sets [C14] Commander 2014 Spoilers

impactresonance1.jpg

this is sweet, i dont know the cube implications, but it is sweet

Containment priest is... insane? Flicker effects become permanent? And it's not even an "until end of turn" clause, she's a passive, wow. New sacred mesa art is cute I guess. Lifeblood hydra's style looks very similar to mistcutter hydra's, doesn't it? And song of the dryads is the new beast within, I suppose.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Hydra's revelation, I really like that.

An enchantments matters Path to Vindicate is interesting, though maybe not desirable.

Comeuppance seems like it could be a giant roundhousekick in the face as lots of cube dudes have higher power then toughness. White control is a pretty shit deck in my cube, it certainly could be an incentive.

siegebehemoth.jpg

That ends the game fast.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
en_m0jbsgjaaq.png

is this a possibility for utility land draft? a colourless tapped land that you can cash in for a cultivate down the road - and doesn't eat a spell slot! - could be a thing

though i guess unlike with cultivate where you're encouraged to go three or four colours, you probably want to stick to two colours with this

I'm a big fan of the new Sacred Mesa art.
Comeuppance sure is a lot of words to say "everybody punches themselves in the face instead."
And Song of Dryads is pretty exciting green removal that still seems green. That troublesome thing over there becomes the earth. Nature wins in the end.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
en_m0jbsgjaaq.png

is this a possibility for utility land draft? a colourless tapped land that you can cash in for a cultivate down the road - and doesn't eat a spell slot! - could be a thing

though i guess unlike with cultivate where you're encouraged to go three or four colours, you probably want to stick to two colours with this

Unlike cultivate it doesn't guarantee your 5 land drop, because it puts the second basic into play replacing it instead of in your hand. Being a "come into play tapped colorless land" isn't exactly a good thing either. That said, I think this is a rock solid utility land because it does do a lot of stuff: ramp by 1, shuffle your deck and thin it by two? That's a nice list of desirable qualities. Its a lock for my Land binder.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Its not that Myriad Landscape would be better if it put the land into your hand, its that cultivate has the advantage of guaranteeing your fifth land because it puts a land into your hand. Myriad Landscape can't put the next land drop in your hand, because as you sacrifice a land to cast it, it wouldn't actually ramp you if it did.

Myriad Landscape DOES give you one additional random card from your deck as opposed to a guaranteed basic land which is certainly better many times, but with the cost of having to play a comes into play tapped colorless land in your deck, which is far from a non-issue particularly if you are running it in a "land slot". I mean, I play lands to cast my spells on curve and give me the right color mana and Myriad Landscape does neither so I'm not sure if that's the right way to think of it.

All that said, I still like the card.