General CBS

As a fan of Hearthstone I find this very, very cool.

But is the match not almost always won by the player with the best hero power unlike in HS where the hero power’s power level is at 0,5 mana value? Or are the 2 mana spells in the binder super low power?

Is it possible to see the cards available for choosing?

I suppose it depends on how the games play on your cube but as a fan of strange ways to twist a regular Magic game into other things I find this very very interesting.

Except I would make it so that you take the cards you drafted from the Isochron Scepter draft and make a little deck so the powers would have to be randomly drawn. Then I suppose you could have some power-level variation.

Random question-

How come when I click on the link in my signature it says the cube has been deleted on cube tutor. But then if I c/p into my URL bar it takes me to the cube?

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
It looks fine to me. It seems like there is a core of traditional good cards, and than some different, lower power cards around the fringes that might or might ot make it into the deck. In the draft it feels like those cards are behaving like filer, but not in a bad way, so I really didn't mind.

It looks fine to me. It seems like there is a core of traditional good cards, and than some different, lower power cards around the fringes that might or might ot make it into the deck. In the draft it feels like those cards are behaving like filer, but not in a bad way, so I really didn't mind.

Thanks for the input, Grillo. I think this is probably a good assessment of my cube after thinking about it. It was not necessarily something I was specifically going for but I guess it kind of wound up that way. Not sure how.

Since I can't connect to CubeTutor at the moment, here's my Cube Thought of the Day: Madness is to aggro & combo what Flashback is to midrange & control

(Obviously it's not a perfect analogy, but I think it holds in general)

Since I can't connect to CubeTutor at the moment, here's my Cube Thought of the Day: Madness is to aggro & combo what Flashback is to midrange & control

(Obviously it's not a perfect analogy, but I think it holds in general)

You're gonna need to explain more, as I'm not sure I get this/necessarily agree.

However, that aside I've looked through your cube list, and that thing looks amazing. Would love you to do a write up, I have loads of questions. Can see so many different thoughts, cubes and themes mashed into it, and I love it!

First off, thanks! I'm not too proud to liberally borrow ideas from everyone hear. Without Riptide, I would likely still just have a generic goodstuff peasant cube, which is obviously still fine, but not as exciting as what I've got cooking.

As for my analogy, let me elaborate. Madness tends to require more direct synergy than flashback (i.e. it's inherently a more A+B mechanic) so that's why I think it's more of a combo mechanic than a midrange one. It also tends to have you commit to immediate explosive value over carefully planned long-term value, which is why I call it more of an aggro mechanic than a control one. As with most theater of play discussions, these are obviously just generalizations and have lots of exceptions and corner cases.

I'm not surprised that madness-oriented aggro has picked up so much traction here since it seems to come from a direct line of thought from Grillo's thread a while back about aggro decks in pauper, which tend to favor bursts of value over curving out dumb beaters.

legcub.jpg
2-0 right now. I think leaving murderous cut out is wrong, despite the Killing me with Bob. Thinking cut Nekrataal. Would almost cut Kalitas, but In theory the lifelink could save me seeing as I have 4 cards that cost life, and the trigger should be real relevant in certain matchups. Also, is this a Pack Rat deck?

Dom Harvey

Contributor
What ways are there to exploit having a high permanent count, regardless of what those are? Ascend is ideal but the actual Ascend cards are underwhelming; there's Smokestack/Tangle Wire and stuff like Read the Runes, but what else?

Convoke/Improvise?

E: Looking again I see that doesn't really answer your question, but it's maybe in the same ballpark.