General CBS

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Green can suffer more four drops than most colors, since ramp is part of its core identity. That said, I run six 4-drops in green (including Garruk Wildspeaker), six 5-drops, two 6-drops, and two 7+-drops. Looking at your cube I'ld say your CMC 4 slot is not the problem in green, especially since you run only three 5-drops, it's the fact that you have a whopping five 7+-drops!

Green can suffer more four drops than most colors, since ramp is part of its core identity. That said, I run six 4-drops in green (including Garruk Wildspeaker), six 5-drops, two 6-drops, and two 7+-drops. Looking at your cube I'ld say your CMC 4 slot is not the problem in green, especially since you run only three 5-drops, it's the fact that you have a whopping five 7+-drops!

Do you think the exact number of cards at each CMC actually matters as long as the color still has a proper mana curve?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Do you think the exact number of cards at each CMC actually matters as long as the color still has a proper mana curve?
Well, is it a curve, really, if it all but "stops" at four and starts again at seven?

I don't think the exact number matters, but I do think you should have a more or less even distribution over the different CMC' (though heavily slanted towards CMC 2 and 3).

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Really? That's good to hear!

Lr has had cube shows before, but given their angle (how to win and get better) it was usually "here's the good archetypes and pivot cards in the stale ass modo cube"