Or take arms against legacy manabases
By Stifling fetch lands.

Scene I. A game store.
Enter two Clowns, with spindowns, &c

First Clown
Is she to be buried in tempo that
wilfully seeks her own salvation?

Second Clown
I tell thee she is: and therefore make her yard straight: the caster hath planned on her, and finds it tempo.

First Clown
How can that be, unless she downed her land in her own defence?

Second Clown
Why, 'tis found so.

First Clown
It must be 'paused it is tempo;' it cannot be else. For here lies the point: if I hold up {U} wittingly,
it argues an act: and an act hath three branches: it is, to act, to prevent, to protect: by m'eyes, she downed her land wittingly.

Second Clown
Nay, but hear you, goddamn Delver,--

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I've reached a point where blue and white are the most boring colours in my Cube. What are some fun directions to take them in?

I've never seen Volrath's Shapeshifter before. It looks really intriguing. Does anyone have any experience with it?
You betcha!

You see, combat damage from your Volrath's Akroma goes on the stack and you respond by pitching Phage, normally to Survival, and then they take the evasive hasty Phage beats and die. RIP Full English Breakfast - you weren't good but holy shit were you memorable. Damage coming off the stack is still good even with this pile's blood on its hands.

Laz

Developer
I've never seen Volrath's Shapeshifter before. It looks really intriguing. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Oh, you haven't lived until you have had combats that go like the following:

"Block your Shapeshifter, cycle Solar Blast to kill your Satyr Wayfinder"
"Ok. Resolves. Shapeshifter is a 1/1. Cycle Krosan Tusker, grabbing a land. Shapeshifter is a 6/5"
"Thought Scour you"

Low power graveyard cubes are the best (and I maintain, the most complicated environment I have ever played).

Dom Harvey

Contributor
filthy casual FEB fans ignoring the OG kill:

(doesn't even rely on damage stacking, gtfo Phage)

when I explained this to my friend who got me into Magic and his eyes glazed over in unrestrained boredom that was the moment I knew I loved this game too much and had moved beyond anything he could teach me

when I explained this to my friend who got me into Magic and his eyes glazed over in unrestrained boredom that was the moment I knew I loved this game too much and had moved beyond anything he could teach me

I had a fellow math major friend in college who knew how to play magic, but that was about the extent of it. He had the exact opposite reaction as your friend when I once explained to him how the Animate Dead/Worldgorger Dragon combo deck worked, including the sort of countermeasures people employed to fight it. He was so amused, he would even ask me to recount it periodically like it were a story.

Fact or Fiction: The faster your cube is, the more important mana fixing is.
Fact imo too.

"Consistency" and "Sequencing" being the first two concepts to pop into my head.

Think it's important to mention that the spell power is also relevant. You can have a super low curve of super-not-impactful spells, or a slower cube of nuclear weapons (where if you slip up in a critical turn you are toast).

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Wizards, please bring back proliferate in a +1/+1 counter set! Thanks in advance!
I've already hoped for proliferate once before:
I hope with this 'counters on a player' mechanic they bring back proliferate.

It is such a great mechanic, and it needs to be on a white card to help support the millennium falcon.
More red support would be sweet too, as something other than volt charge would be a nice option.

In regards to Kalemne, seems a little too generic. Hooray, another voltron-esque commander! I love generic beats!
You aren't going to shift me from Brion any time soon (Just got to throw all my troubles away).

So they didn't bring it back in the commader supplement. I don't really think it is deep enough to be put in a whole set. Maybe in the second set of a block. I was going to say it was one of the best mechanics in recent memory, but they have been on fire with decent mechanics recently. I have to say that Dash is probably my most wished for return at this point in time.