Card/Deck Cheeky Token Deck

out:
5a3bb291-11d1-45e0-a60a-e75c7dc94b94.jpg
a1b6f13e-63d0-46bf-aa57-23c2dbdf62dd.jpg
c5f9326a-2a41-45b3-97c3-548f0bdc0882.jpg

You just kind of… win, right?
Well, it just gives you one additional creature for each non-token creature you play. Whoop whoop. No, you do not just kind of win.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Imagine this curve out:

You just kind of… win, right?

Can we meme this further?

You could probably take this further if you played meme cards in addition to the good cards (and Peregrin Took). There’s even an infinite combo:

Am I going Mad?
Jennie Fae is so sweet it almost made me want to build a commander deck.
I didn't, because you know...commander. But still! Encouraging, right?

I do take this kinda thing further than most people, but I don't run Samwise, not really interested in the combo angle.
Check out for ideas: https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/thedandycube

Well, it just gives you one additional creature for each non-token creature you play. Whoop whoop. No, you do not just kind of win.
You don’t think getting a free 3/1 every time you play a creature is going to significantly swing the game into your favor?
3c1baaa2-bd0b-4627-b93a-0753e0acd0f2.jpg

Would be decent as well. Making Treasures and not being 3 drops is hot.
Greeters is fantastic, totally should have included it in the OP. I think this is one of the best cheap Green creatures that isn’t a mana dork, it has a nice snowball potential and can generate a ton of value.

There has to be a decent Bant artifact/token deck somewhere with these at its core

Then depending on your base colors, White can blink:

Blue can ramp?

Affinity?

Animate tokens? (Like your cube thread was alluding to)

Green token spam (like you mentioned)?

You don’t think getting a free 3/1 every time you play a creature is going to significantly swing the game into your favor?

Greeters is fantastic, totally should have included it in the OP. I think this is one of the best cheap Green creatures that isn’t a mana dork, it has a nice snowball potential and can generate a ton of value.
Nope, (well depends on the other cards you have in the cube). You have 2 creatures, and then playing one more gives you a freebee. I think that Jinny only gets real strong when you have cards that make multiple tokens for not much mana. Like a lot of food/clue/power stone/goats/useless ones.are there 4 mana tokens creators that brake Jinny? ( I guess so, but those do not need sam.)

For me, most new cards are too strong, but Sam is quite fair for me, and even with Jinny I do not get a strong vibe.

Eh, that curve seems... alright? The thing is that the cards Jinny wants (mass token producers) are different from the cards Sam wants (creatures, Historic stuff).

are there 4 mana tokens creators that brake Jinny? ( I guess so, but those do not need sam.)

(Yes, Incubate works with Jinny like you think it does. Glistening Dawn creates two hasty 6/6s if you cast it on T4 with Jinny out.)

This thread is incredibly relevant to my interests, as I've long tried to support tokens-matter in Jund, starting with these two bad boys in the early days of my Cube history:

Such a sick mid-to-low-power "combo" with a sac outlet!

Of course, long-time Cube champions like Siege-Gang Commander and Deranged Hermit have been excellent since day one of

Then we got Goblin Rabblemaster and a dozen Rabblemaster variants, and it quickly became one of my favorite cube decks around. I'm already playing with many of the cards that @TrainmasterGT mentioned in his original post, but a few more that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread that are critically important to me are:

Bennie Bracks, Zoologist in particular is interesting to me and worth sharing, because it's deeply under-played relative to its power-level. Everyone here knows how good convoke can be, and in a midrange deck, it doesn't mess up your game plan in the same way that a Venerated Loxodon occasionally forces you to take a turn off from hitting face in aggressive builds. I knew the moment I saw Bennie that he would have a long-term home in my cube, and I've been very happy with him, allowing for curve-outs like:

I also think Mondrak, Glory Dominus has been a fun way to introduce doubling mechanics into my cube, which my players like. It's certainly on the lower-power side of things, and is easy enough to disrupt, but a 4/4 sometimes-indestructible for 4 is much less embarrassing to run than a legitimate Doubling Season-style enchantment.

I think I really need to revisit the likes of Academy Manufacturer and Lonis, Cryptozoologist after considering a lot of the more recent additions in my cube like Samwise Gamgee. I'm starting to actually hit a critical mass of this type of effect, it seems!

And if you like Professional Face-Breaker, I'd recommend the very recently-printed Rapacious Guest, Gimli of the Glittering Caves, and Exsanguinator Cavalry, all of which I'm very happy to run (though haven't fired off an in-person cube with yet).

On a last note, I recently took out Mayor of Avabruck for werewolf reasons but he was also immensely potent in these decks, both pooping out tokens when he flipped and pumping them on the front side -- even if he was a bit of a nonbo/point of confusion with the massive disparity between "Human Soldier" and "Solider" tokens and the like. But if you don't mind werewolves, I'd give him a try.

Last edited:
To continue down the rabbit hole, I recently learned this card exists:

"Why yes, I'd like 2 counters after targeting your creature with Callous Dismissal."

Halsin, Emerald Archdruid can quickly turn leftovers into the main course, swinging for 12 with three food tokens.

If you're looking to break into red like Miles, Breya's Apprentice not only creates a token, but it's a nice converter for leftover treasures, clue, and food. Also overlaps well for any artifact themes.

Big ups to Tchotchke Elemental. It just works! People complain that it can't get bigger than 5/5 or 6/6 in most circumstances, but I think that that worry is overblown--if your 1-drop needs to be bigger than a 5/5 (or even a 3/3) then you have bigger problems.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
If you don't like the whole unfinity-ness of unspellable elemental, there's also this card:

It's worse, for sure but it's also less gonzo and that might be a gain for you.

The only issue I had with it (and Tchotchke Elemental) is while it's got all the words I like on it, it can often be bait to put a card that depends so much on draw order in your deck, so often I found my drafters just pulling up slightly and playing 2 drops that would also be decent on T7, rather than either of these which take a few spellcasts/triggers to get going.

Also I know it's a wholly different language but my god Tchotchke, why is there a T there. (Mostly this is me being mad at english spelling, let alone when yiddish/ukranian/polish/russian etc words get involved)

was looking for ways to destroy artifacts and found this one. Could be sweet with all the food/treasures/clues provided.
Has anyone tried it?

Reactions: dbs