Article CML Drafts the MODO Cube

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Now, I don't generally watch people play Magic, so I only watched like 2 minutes of the first video.

I've also never played Magic Online, so I have no direct experience with the Magic Online Cube.

That said, I find it hard to imagine any cube, or even any pack in any cube where Ink Eyes is a first pick. Is that for serious?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I was a little dubious of the Ink Eyes first pick. I also saw one big misplay buy I can't remember what it was.

I watched the first three videos and I almost puched my monitor about 3 or 4 times: First one was when Marsh Flats was passed, second one was Jace over Elspeth (if Marsh Flats was picked earlier, could even try to splash it), then playing Gloom Surgeon over Oona's Prowler (good with the ninjas and can discard Kozilek to Corpse Dance in response to the trigger), then finally when CML didn't play Throat Slitter to end the 2nd game.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The most surprising thing is that when I posted one of my cube drafts CML made a comment like "I would have slammed Noble Hierarch P1P1" and here you pass it up. A lot has changed in the ____ months since you recorded this.

I also like how you comment on things being terrible games of Magic, and how in some games your opponent just like, does nothing for the first 5 turns.

CML

Contributor
OK so i was a big grump when i recorded this because i had just quit smoking. this is in addition to the self-loathing brought about by modo and its cube and my baseline level of weltschmerz etc. that excuse conveniently explains my horrendous play too.

i gotta get a new mic and i'm freaking out because i don't have a standard deck for Friday but man i really want to make one. i'll keep you guys posted

CML

Contributor
sadly i'm not gonna have time to do it and it'll be gone by the time i'm back. another time!