Sets Commander 2016 Spoilers

I don't know how many 4-color cards we'll be playing here, but this guy's really got me excited as a Shadowmage Infiltrator variant:

5v6Wl8sqIA_EN.png

Yeah, I had the exact same thoughts about this card. I think infiltrator might be a little better? Hard to tell.

Regardless, sweet for an artifact theme, if he passes muster.

vialsmasherthefierce.jpg

This is too good in 1v1, right?

If you have any of the 3-4 mana deal 4 burn effects, things can snowball REALLY fast. Much too strong 1v1 for me.

I like the new UB guy as well, Deathtouch is just underrated in general, but sadly I've already bumped my UB section up to 6 cards with Gisa and Geralf so he'll have to be on the shelf a while.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
If you have any of the 3-4 mana deal 4 burn effects, things can snowball REALLY fast. Much too strong 1v1 for me.

I like the new UB guy as well, Deathtouch is just underrated in general, but sadly I've already bumped my UB section up to 6 cards with Gisa and Geralf so he'll have to be on the shelf a while.

Power max cubes will now go Vial Smasher into Fireblast in the next upkeep. That sounds fun!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Also...

Cvi5fPaVMAAyBaB.jpg:large

Not bad. Not bad at all.

And there's supposed to be a bunch of basic landcycling cards. That actually sounds interesting!

2V9yyiqxpu_EN.png
WRyejiPWUk_EN.png

Is this a sick weenie lord?

zP2tJ6yQY4_EN.png

Oh, and hey look! Boros got another attack dude! What a surprise!

nqeWaa1SYR_EN.png

I like that Silas can help cement Grixis as the artifact colors so it's not just Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas out on an island.

Power max cubes will now go Vial Smasher into Fireblast in the next upkeep. That sounds fun!

I really like Vial Smasher but it does seem a lot more powerful than I initially thought. Emerge is going to love this guy and so will delve! Tacking on 8 damage to Distended Mindbender or Elder Deep-Fiend sounds v good.

You can win on turn 4 by following up Fireblast with Hidetsugu's Second Rite with Vial Smasher in play.

I'm quite interested in the land cycling cards, they appear over costed but I think they're subtly quite powerful. Note the cycling is colourless unlike previous basic land cycling.

But yeah, I do still like the card in that role :)

Yeah, this was the hard part. There are just too many good UB options now. I've currently got the following:

Silas is cool, but I don't think he is as useful as any of these. I had literally just added Contraband Kingpin as UB Artifacts support because of the body for slower control decks and I like the idea of turning Seat of the Synod and Vault of Whispers into Scry 1s.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I can't even parse that second ability. I can't understand what the flavour is supposed to be.
He's so good at tactics that you need a bird's eye perspective (or many eyes and eight legs, I guess) to decipher his troops' maneuvers. If you don't, he'll outsmart you and hit your base without your guards noticing.

Laz

Developer
He's so good at tactics that you need a bird's eye perspective (or many eyes and eight legs, I guess) to decipher his troops' maneuvers. If you don't, he'll outsmart you and hit your base without your guards noticing.
Nice try, but wrong. He literally just throws his smaller allies over the enemy lines. Oh wait, there is already a Commander who does that...

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Love Reyhan

Crystalline_Crawler_JP.PNG

《Crystalline Crawler》 (4)

Converge; Crystalline Crawler enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each color of mana spent to cast it.

Remove a +1/+1 counter from Crystalline Crawler:Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

(T):Put a +1/+1 counter on Crystalline Crawler.