General Custom Cards: The Lab

I'm totally stoked about trying to use that more than once a turn, which I think means it's probably a better design.

e: t4 that card into t5 cruel ultimatum is a bit dreamlandy but very exciting as an archetype enabler imo

A lot of these designs are kinda inelegant but broadening my scope when it comes to this 3 colour control/ slow-tempo colour combo might be a good idea.

Giving gixis decks more ways to spend mana might rule but in my experience they often play more instants and sifting and man lands than almost any other deck. Hmmm it is a deck of explosive combinations and small trades though.
I'm always either running out of cards or mana in those decks.

I actually kinda like a cheap gem of seeing. It doesn't really suit the value tempo deck though. That deck wants to be doing stuff like playing venser or aristocrat on curve and interacting in the between moments, not enabling future bombs.

Colourless or hybrid cards for multicolour strategies is a really cool idea though.

Making good UR or UB attrition blocker might be a huge step in the right direction for Grixis among other decks. I know I very rarely pass up epochrasite in one of those decks if I'm comparing it to other decent cards.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
What if instead of a really good but incredibly narrow mana rock, you found ways in grixis colours to cheat those big spells into
Well, the three big Grixis spells are three different card types, so building a balanced cheat card that also feels Grixis is going to be hard. There's also already a reanimator and an artifact subtheme in those colors, so adding another cheat mode is not really the way I want to go. It is however thinking out of the box, and I like that :)

{3}
Artifact
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
{T}: Add {U}{B}{R} to your mana pool.
This is way too busted. I cut Worn Powerstone and Coalition Relic from my cube because they were really bad for the environment, making it way too easy for control decks to beat aggro. This card is much better than those two cards, and so ridiculously powerful that other colors would just pick it up and be happy even if it fixes none of their colors.

{4}
Artifact
{U}, {T}: Draw a card.
{B}, {T}: Add {B}{B}{B} to your mana pool.
{R}, {T}: ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Mini Obelisk of Alara is pretty sexy though, and Sisay's Ring is a much fairer mana accelerant than Worn Powerstone. The versatility makes this card way better than the sum of its parts, and I think the red and blue effects are already worth it if they were the only effect on that card.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Esper has a bit of the same problem, though it needs to get to six, not eight. I kind of like both of these. They may not be super sexy, but they get the job done I think.

Talon Gates.png Dryfall Debris.png

I had a couple ideas I wanted to mess around with to give black aggro some reach that feels black. I'm sure the numbers need some work to hit the right power level, so I'd be interested in some feedback.

Cursed Sword 1BB
Legendary Artifact-Equipment
Equipped creature gets +4/+0 and has intimidate.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, sacrifice it at the end of combat.
Equip 0

Necromantic Preparations 1B
Enchantment-Aura
Enchant land
Enchanted land has “BB, T: If a creature would die this turn, exile it instead and put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield under your control.”

OltsQdY.png

On second third thought, I think it should say Common and Uncommon. Maybe. Yes. No. Waffles!

C/U creatures don't block it because they know this guy is on their side. "You wanna punch my boss? By all means! I'll stand very much aside. I wanna go home anyway!"

Chris Taylor

Contributor
OltsQdY.png

On second third thought, I think it should say Common and Uncommon. Maybe. Yes. No. Waffles!

C/U creatures don't block it because they know this guy is on their side. "You wanna punch my boss? By all means! I'll stand very much aside. I wanna go home anyway!"

For a much more backbreaking version of this "I don't want to pay top dollar for my cube" mentality, check out this bastard:

You pick this early it can be a one sided Apocalypse

Posted on the wrong thread at first:

I need more artifact creatures mainly for reanimator and welder, i tinkered up this:

Necromus, the Cruel 3WWUUBB
Legendary Artifact Creature - Demon

When Necromus, the Cruel enters the battlefield, choose two:
*Target opponent sacrifices a creatures
*Target opponent loses 5 life
*Draw 3 cards
*Gain 5 life

4/7

Too good? too bad?
With Goblin Welder this becomes the NUTS, regural reanimator will draw 3 and one minor effect, should be fine still.
Hard casting would be, well, hard. :D

Too much text! Aside from the fact that the text is simply not going to fit neatly on the card, I also think it involves too many choices. Six options is a lot.

now?

Second:

Bork, the Headlong Brawler 5WBR
Artifact Creature - Giant Warrior

When Bork, the Headlong enters the battlefield, put four 1/1 white Kithkin Soldier creature tokens into the battlefield.

Other creatures you control gain haste.

At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent sacrifices a creature with the greatest power among creatures he or she controls.

7/4

I am aiming for targets without shroud/prot and with an ETB effect, so that you can kill the target, but the casting wasn't a waste of time for the reanimator.

Well... This is a new card, so you could fix the colors :) Or replace the "gain 5 life" with something red, like "punch your opponent in the face for 4 damage"!

Done, now it is 3WWUUBB.

Third:

Maelron Titanwing 4RGW
Artifact Creture - Construct

Flying, Vigilance

When Maelron Titanwing enters the battlefield or attacks, target creature gets +3+3 and gain first strike, lifelink and trample until end of turn.

tap: Put a copy of Maelron Titanwing onto the battlefield

5/5

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Why not make Necromus WUB? The gain 5 life part is definitely not on color, and there's still not a single red ability on there.

Bork is cute.

Now with pictures:

vsEGGX3.jpg
lsvreCb.jpg
mDV51M2.jpg

Necromus and Bork are close to being ready in power level, Bork seems to not work as an artifact at all thematically though :D

Maelron's tap ability may be too strong. Maybe if it says something like "if Maelron Titanwing leaves the battlefield, destroy every Maelron Titanwing."

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Cruel Command Creature is an awesome idea, and needs to be UBR. I think you just need to make one of the options "target player loses five life, and you gain 5 life." Since the issue is life gain being not too black, go for life drain. I would try the other three modes as "draw three cards", "target player discards three card", "target player sacrifices a creature and return target creature from your graveyard to your hand." Since you can't get the full effect of Cruel Ultimatum you can potentially cost it at UUBBBRR and make it a weak creature, or add a mana to make it a 3/4 or something. That's what I would do, but I'm not too sure exactly how to set the options.

Aoret

Developer
What are people's thoughts on Elixir of Immortality hitting "target player" instead of just yourself? Other than it being an absolute godawful templating nightmare, is there any reason not to do this?

My motivation for doing this would be that it turns it from a card which only the slowest control decks want into a card that pridemate decks want (because it's a graveyard hoser OR a source of lifegain). If the card only exists to allow really grindy / draw heavy control decks not deck themselves, then it isn't worth an inclusion in my 360 to me. If it can see utilization elsewhere, then I don't mind including it.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
What are people's thoughts on Elixir of Immortality hitting "target player" instead of just yourself?
that sounds like a fine change.

{2}, {T}: You gain 5 life. Shuffle Elixir of Immortality and target player's graveyard into their owner's library.

I think that works? It's a bit weird, but you can't shuffle cards into an opponent's library. That's the reason for the "its owner's library" in the actual wording of Elixir of Immortality. It's possible you gained control of the Elixir, but the rules don't allow for shuffling an opponent's card into your own library.

Maybe it would be more relevant if you cycled through your deck more often or if an elixir was as shit to have in your deck as a curse or copper lol omg

latest
mountebank.jpg

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I played the new dominion set at least 8 times yesterday. Its probably the best one, the average kingdom card isn't as sweet as guilds was, but its got 30 of them and some of the events really shake up how you approach the game.

I played the new dominion set at least 8 times yesterday. Its probably the best one, the average kingdom card isn't as sweet as guilds was, but its got 30 of them and some of the events really shake up how you approach the game.
Whats the new one called / themed?

I've barely played with expansions, but I think I've won every game oddly?
Me mates are down with dominion errata and I love it. The last game I played was incredibly bogged. His version of mountebank costs 4 but gives 2 coppers instead of curse x copper, I think after that one he decided to bump it back two five lol.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Adventures. The theme is adventuring. The mechanical tie in is cards that have an effect later. This includes new duration cards (like from Seaside), reserve cards that leave your deck when you play them, then can come back later and traveler card chains where the card becomes a different, more powerful card every time you play it.

Events are cards that you can buy that don't go in your deck, you just pay for them and use them which can optionally be added to the game (like Colony/Platinum or Shelters).

Is this strong enough to include in a cube with incidental counters matters? (Methinks no mostly)
Would making it cantrip be enough of an incentive to raise it above sideboard status? Perhaps adding proliferate before the usual card text?