General [DOM]Dominaria

Board the Weatherlight - 1W
Sorcery
Look at the top 5 cards and pick a historic one for your hand. Put the rest on bottom in a random order.

---

I feel like this is just short of what I want, even in a lower power environment. The floor is straight up whiffing and you don't even get the side benefit of filling your graveyard like with Commune with the Gods. I wish it did one of A) look at 6-7 cards instead of just 5, B) let you grab a basic land, C) grab any plains (to account for typed duals), or D) came on a small body.

Laz

Developer
Today's article showcased some of Richard Garfield's original ideas for Sagas, and they are truly amazing!

CHSXxyfDQV.png

Conditional advancement, real sense of story progression, with the look of something that was printed for a 1980's boardgame!

What happens when you put Planeswalkers, Planes, Schemes, Sagas and board games into a big bowl of soup: Richard's and MARO's original idea :)

Man I would love if they made these in high quality!

territorialallosaurus1.jpg

Territorial Allosaurus
2GG
Creature - Dinosaur
Kicker 2G (You may pay an additional 2G as you cast this spell.)

When Territorial Allosaurus enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, it fights another target creature.

I'm found this card intriguing because I generally want to keep my cards pretty simple and straightforward, and need a nice green midrange card. A beefy 5/5 that comes with removal sounds good.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Today's article showcased some of Richard Garfield's original ideas for Sagas, and they are truly amazing!

CHSXxyfDQV.png

Conditional advancement, real sense of story progression, with the look of something that was printed for a 1980's boardgame!

These are awesome. No reason why we couldn't run them. I like the Saga of the Restless Dead but it's a bit bonkers for just B. Maybe the first stages should just return to your hand.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
territorialallosaurus1.jpg

Territorial Allosaurus
2GG
Creature - Dinosaur
Kicker 2G (You may pay an additional 2G as you cast this spell.)

When Territorial Allosaurus enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, it fights another target creature.

I'm found this card intriguing because I generally want to keep my cards pretty simple and straightforward, and need a nice green midrange card. A beefy 5/5 that comes with removal sounds good.

That dinosaur is awesome and going straight into my cube. Though I believe I already said that. I just really like this card! :)

I hope Dominaria limited is good because I really want to make a drift sim with a bonus slot of actual historical old frame cards like the timeshifted sheet in TSP.

That sounds like a lot of fun! Both the exercise and the actual drafting!

Are you doing this to your Combo-Ish Cube or making a new cube?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It's disconcerting that they printed a better Baneslayer Angel and nobody cares
Yeah, I noticed. One of the first few comments literally reads:
Man the rarity choices for this set are bizarre. This is Mythic, but Arvad the Cursed is uncommon? Aside from how pushed the stats are, the Vampire seems way more deserving of the Mythic status (member of the Weatherlight, legend-centric, more complicated keyword ability, an extra +1/+1 on the ability).

Not saying that this should be uncommon, but I was kinda expecting Rare
Like... what.

So who’s running Planeswalkers in their cube? (I know it’s a Riptide-thing to leave them out) This could activate a Planeswalker three times in a single turn.

8BDA7084-4B38-4975-8ABB-EED6581C5612.jpeg

The flicker ability doesn’t bring the permanent back until EOT, so I don’t think you can get three activations from the same PW unless I’m missing something. You can get two from one and reset a second back to its starting loyalty though!

I'm a big fan of kicker. This may make the cut over

in my cube.
I was just thinking the same thing. I try not to run cards as the only instance of a keyword in my cube to keep complexity at a reasonable level (I introduce new players to cube almost every time I play it and I try not to melt their brains too much). Big Daddy P is the only Monstrous creature left in my cube and his ability is pretty complicated on top of that. This is much cleaner.

I was just thinking the same thing. I try not to run cards as the only instance of a keyword in my cube to keep complexity at a reasonable level (I introduce new players to cube almost every time I play it and I try not to melt their brains too much). Big Daddy P is the only Monstrous creature left in my cube and his ability is pretty complicated on top of that. This is much cleaner.

My thoughts as well.