Sets [EMA] Eternal Masters Spoilers Thread

prodigalsorcerer.jpg
+

Happy to see gamble, shardless agent, Baleful Strix and Toxic Deluge so far, as they are likely additions to my cube. I was hoping for show and tell but oh well, can't have everything I guess :)

Man, this set is going to be sweet for my cube (and to casual players in general). I don't usually do this, but I'm actually gonna buy some packs of this just to have a little gamble on some of the high power mythics and rares. Are they going to include a foil in every pack just like the Modern Masters packs?

prodigalsorcerer.jpg
+

Happy to see gamble, shardless agent, Baleful Strix and Toxic Deluge so far, as they are likely additions to my cube. I was hoping for show and tell but oh well, can't have everything I guess :)

Combat Damage bruv.

Also, yes to foil in each booster.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Honestly I'm not sure I've seen a new art I like yet.

Boo! I've seen lots! Sinkhole is great, Control Magic is amazing, and so is Force of Will. Enlightened Tutor is good and has a great reference to Idyllic Tutor in the art. Hydroblast and Pyroblast have good new artworks as well. I like Animate Dead a lot! Entomb is... appropriate :) Gamble and Nimble Mongoose are good upgrades. Maelstrom Wanderer is epic! Void is hilarious and quite good! Vindicate is awesome. Wasteland is a gorgeous redo of City of Brass, but... well... wasted! I think the new artwork is by and large top notch!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Wow am I hyped for this set. The commons alone make me really want to give this a go - it's like a Riptide cuber's dream!

en_cZ0uwDzaW0.png
en_d0kR3htc9l.png
en_KQWHAekkEE.png
en_AhwWYEihsh.png
en_0CTuFngwse.png
en_oFCDq2L3De.png
en_6IQklxi3oW.png

To say nothing of the uncommons, many of which look worthy of building around - or, are just plain awesome.

en_1Ff3hlWyOk.png
en_6lj1x4gFjS.png
en_InggFgfGP1.png
en_i2l9j8UaYe.png
en_YHMmSHurCV.png
en_XadAZWBWDW.png
en_qHdqdKq7e2.png

Now this is complete and utter GRBS... but I guess G/W enchantress needed a buff...?

en_qvCh2phhbp.png

Totally agree - though I'll withhold judgement until actually drafting, based on the spoiler, this potentially looks like one of the best draft sets Wizards has designed.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I'm really happy that it's not just Vintage Masters redux - there's a healthy sprinkling of Modern-legal cards, and a lot of them seem positioned as exciting build-arounds, to boot. Green is the only colour I'm a little disappointed in, as there look to be three non-overlapping strategies which could end up being linear and poison principle-y - enchantress, threshold/graveyard, and elves. The other four colours look sufficiently open-ended enough, with a ton of juice in the low-cost commons and uncommons, to be a blast to draft.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I find all the rarity upgrades from uncommon to rare a bit jarring, plus they failed at reprinting Smokestack! I got Braids and Glare of Subdual though, I guess!

I find all the rarity upgrades from uncommon to rare a bit jarring, plus they failed at reprinting Smokestack! I got Braids and Glare of Subdual though, I guess!
A lot of rarity shifts for limited play, and that might have been mistakes before. Agree that it is a little jarring to see.

Interesting that with all the pomp of the set, we get one fixing cycle, and it's the common gain lands.