Card/Deck Green 5-drops

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Score!

Wait, your Volcanic Hammer is custom...?

I... you...

Get out of this forum.
What can I say? All these posts have been one giant set up to troll the Brotherhood of the Volcanic Hammer ;)

It's actually the following card:

Drown in Lava {R}{R}
Sorcery
Choose one or both -- Drown in Lava deals 3 damage to target creature or player; or destroy target artifact.

I wanted to add a sorcery that could deal damage, and I wanted another artifact removal card, but I didn't want to cut anything else from red. I'm still looking for room to add another Faithless Looting and a single copy of Scrap Mastery, but I have no idea what to cut.

Anyway, would you believe Volcanic Hammer is the only sorcery that simply deals 3 damage, no strings attached? It's the closest to Drown in Lava I could find.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
What can I say? All these posts have been one giant set up to troll the Brotherhood of the Volcanic Hammer ;)

It's actually the following card:

Drown in Lava {R}{R}
Sorcery
Choose one or both -- Drown in Lava deals 3 damage to target creature or player; or destroy target artifact.

I wanted to add a sorcery that could deal damage, and I wanted another artifact removal card, but I didn't want to cut anything else from red. I'm still looking for room to add another Faithless Looting and a single copy of Scrap Mastery, but I have no idea what to cut.

Anyway, would you believe Volcanic Hammer is the only sorcery that simply deals 3 damage, no strings attached? It's the closest to Drown in Lava I could find.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Do you still run the Volcanic Hammer with Strive? I'm loving it, thinking of going to 2.

I cut down to arc trail and arc lightning instead.
Sweet card, but I didn't really have a reason to run it other than it was a sweet card. Dividable burn has to be pretty strictly controlled when the curve is as low as my cubes is

Yeah I cut all the other dividable burn. I like that it is a more expensive arc trail or more expensive arc lightning, while still being fine in the more aggressive decks

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Huh, looks like I cut all the dividable burn. Aggro decks were just being totally wrecked by them. It's a shame, I really enjoy casting arc trail.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I actually just cut Electrolyze, because as sweet of an UR card as it was, it was such a blowout against the decks that were trying to go t1 Arbor Elf, t2 Lotus Cobra. If you run a lot of stuff like Lingering Souls, I can see it being justified, but otherwise I'm starting to feel that it'll either be ridiculous, or semi-useless against your UB control decks.

Arc Trail is sweet though, my favourite dividable burn card.

Tried both, Shower of Coals is still in my list its a pretty devastating card most of the time, if it isn't you've probably lost already. Violent Eruption got cut due to the triple red.