Inscho's Graveyard Combo Cube

Hell yeah Wake babey

Emelia Angel seems to perfectly intersect both strategies you are looking at; I'd definitely include it.

Elaborating on the Rebels-esque identity of white after seeing Aston's question about Scrap Trawler:

This is a pretty rad identity to explore in white, and I run all of these except Phyrexian Altar. Most pieces are individually good. There are good draft signals for the archetype. Built in redundancy. The main issue being that most pieces are colorless and valuable to other strategies....but most pieces pivot into analogous strategies.

I'm having a dilemma I've never had in all my years of cubing....I have too many archetypes I want to support in White.

Fair question, it definitely fits mechanically....Teshar's design just makes me cringe:

- Combo Enabler
- Vulnerable body
- No immediate value
- Critical spot in curve
- Unique keyword
- Durdly unless going infinite
- Narrow with low crossover appeal

add to that it randomly has flying, and feels like a slightly redundant effect....all that, and I'm still not articulating exactly why it bugs me....I think it's an ugly card that doesn't really resonate with a combo environment that emphasizes non-creature enablers. I liked it in Dominaria draft though....and could see it being a great card in the right cube.

Similarly, it's the reason why I've cut Emeria Angel like 5 times now, and currently bite my lip when I look at my cubetutor list and see it listed. Although, it doesn't have quite as many demerits as Teshar, and provides a unique effect that I currently need.

tl;dr I'm crazy, and I have no love for Teshar.

I sort of agree about Teshar. Historic's clunkiness is underrated. Especially in cube, where it's an artifact trigger 90+% of the time but will trigger randomly off of a legendary creature here or there.

Y'all hurting my commander's feelings... but I do understand the frictions when it comes to including him. I have also considered Daring Archaeologist for my cube. Recursion, and the synergy with casting multiple artifacts off of recursion loops. But historic is still a sticking point, I'll admit. Less swingy and a better worst case mode.

guuuuuyysssss......why didn't anyone tell me about this wacky little card:

The lands are "from anywhere" :eek:

EDIT: so I just slept on C18 altogether it seems.

This could allow me to cut Artisan of Kozilek and Myr Battlesphere....ugh it's just a little too big. Actually, this is far too good with Sneak Attack....sigh. Another day maybe.

and I may very well be including:

Lands stuff is cool. But can you explain that white artifact theme above a bit more?

The way I envision the archetype functioning is like a hybrid between an old rebels deck:

Lands (26)
22 Plains
Rishadan Port

Creatures (18)
Jhovall Queen
Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
Ramosian Lieutenant
Ramosian Sergeant
Ramosian Sky Marshal
Steadfast Guard
Voice of Truth

Noncreature Spells (16)
Disenchant
Parallax Wave
Reverent Mantra
Seal of Cleansing
Story Circle

and Affinity:

Lands (17)
Blinkmoth Nexus
Glimmervoid
Inkmoth Nexus
Darksteel Citadel
Island

Creatures (27)
Memnite
Ornithopter
Signal Pest
Vault Skirge
Arcbound Ravager
Steel Overseer
Etched Champion
Master of Etherium

Noncreature Spells (16)
Thoughtcast
Galvanic Blast
Welding Jar
Mox Opal
Springleaf Drum
Cranial Plating

From Rebels, you get a similar toolboxy creature searching and recursion. It's like Recruiter of the Guard + Ranger of Eos + Scrap Trawler = Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero. From Affinity, you get a combo, modularity and intricacy in which all pieces are tied together. Arcbound Ravager is both there, but the cube archetype you have other sac outlets and ways to add counters, take advantage of counters, etc.

It's not a fully formed idea yet, but

add to the idea even more.

is also potentially great in the archetype.

For lands

Oh, interesting...I completely forgot about that card and I drafted it a couple months ago, and wrecked with it.

...I'm just curious if whether I like it more than:

At 6 mana, an Armageddon effect is pretty dicey if it doesn't come strapped with a sweeper like Wildfire. Catastrophe at least has a backup plan, and is pretty great in a control deck (sweep, or close out with a finisher). Fall of the Thran is significantly less brutal and more dynamic. Hard decision to make.

Just realized another bonkers interaction with Turntimber Sower

Needless to say, I think people will have plenty of fun things to do with the card :)

Like, If Mogg War Marshal is T2, you can easily bust Gargadon out T3 with Sower

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member

I can't believe I someone is higher on Mesmeric Orb than I am. I will one day make a grid draft environment built around it, but at this stage it is nice to see it getting love and admiration is so deserves for doing so many things in a small colourless package.

I just need to post more often. I am the ruler of the Orb, and no one shall take that away from me!

I really love your cube and what it has become and what it is ever evolving into. I have little to no designer sense and just copy other peoples environments if they pique my interests. So don't be surprised if I make a cube blog and the deck lists look a lot like the ones from your cube ;)

A cube designed around multiple copies of ORB has been a pipe dream of mine for years! I wouldn't know where to start though. Orbs in the draft portion? An allotment for each drafter? Or unlimited orbs in the basic land box?

You would think the Eggheads at riptide labs would have explored this space thoroughly :D

Every card in the cube can be cast face down as a Mesmeric Orb.

giphy.gif

I can't believe I someone is higher on Mesmeric Orb than I am. I will one day make a grid draft environment built around it, but at this stage it is nice to see it getting love and admiration is so deserves for doing so many things in a small colourless package.

I just need to post more often. I am the ruler of the Orb, and no one shall take that away from me!

I really love your cube and what it has become and what it is ever evolving into. I have little to no designer sense and just copy other peoples environments if they pique my interests. So don't be surprised if I make a cube blog and the deck lists look a lot like the ones from your cube ;)

Thanks! I’m glad you’re into it. I feel pretty good about the state of the cube. The feedback here definitely helps hone things in. If you end up exploring some similar things, I’d love to hear about your experiences.

Orb is awesome. Adding it to my cube was a revelation. It’s scratched the same itch as storm, but in a way that is more harmonious to my environment and cube structure. It has made me look hard at what storm is doing for me, and whether it’s right for this cube or not.

My flight back from my vacation is delayed so I'm typing on a phone...please excuse formatting.

I'm still wrestling with the importance of Storm in this cube, and thinking about alternatives for Izzet. Big Spells, Artifacts, and Taking Turns are archetypes that could get more goodies with some of the storm slots freed up.

One small change I'm considering:

Could become one of:

Which are more friendly with:

I like the idea of softening up the LD a bit in red, and Wildfire is the most generic piece of all the mana denial spells in my cube.

could become

Keranos is essentially a value planeswalker with a handful of funky interactions being an enchantment and creature. I'd lose one of my favorite Oath of Druids targets, but Saheeli would help solidify the Tinker meets Welder and Sneak Attack decks. If I made this change Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas would be cut as it's generically good and dimir has better things to do at this point. He's a bit of a false signal anyways.

On the topic of Oath decks, I've been thinking about this package some:

It's still pretty half-baked, but I feel like there could be something interesting happening if you are able to get a big Searcher target or bomby instants. The idea is mill, recycle, and reuse somewhat like a Baron deck but potentially more explosive. I wish there was a better instant spell creature sneaker than the trap.

This is more of a note for myself to not forget to think about this once I'm not quietly raging in my seat at the airport.