General Interesting p1p1 Red Cards

I liked this series so I figured I will continue it with Red. I am in the process of making some updates to my cube and Red need some work so I will post the cards I run that I think fit this bill but would love to see some other suggestions (red needs a buff in my cube). I have me and all the people that draft my cube rate the cards on a scale of 1-10 so I have a good idea on what we consider the best red cards:

I don't know if these all fit the mold of p1p1 cards. It is more a combination of the highest rated cards in my cube plus cards I think would make for good p1p1 cards or build around cards. Wildfire, for instance, is not rated really high by my drafters and I have never seen that kind of red-control deck come together. But I think when someone finally tries it people will realize how powerful it is. And it is the type of card that you need to take pretty early to build around it.

In my cube:

and possibly

If I'm feeling really saucy:

Flayer of the Hatebound may seem like a strange one, but it's absolutely bonkers in my cube. Still trying to suss out Mastery's role in my cube....probably need Pyromancer's Goggles as added support.

Mizzix's Mastery is great on it's own, simply as a spell recursion effect in red. And since you mention it, one of my faves by far:

and a great pull into Rx aggro (RW specifically, maybe):

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Fully agree on the Goggles. That is definitely a card I am liable to first pick, then cross my fingers for Cruel Ultimatum :D

Other cards I would p1p1 in my cube:

Pyromancer en Wildfire both are in my cube twice.

Kari Zev is definitely p1p1 I just don't cube her for being a little too efficient for my taste. Another cool p1p1 in red that I don't run:

Edit: Onder beat me to it.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Funny you all like Kari Zev so much. She's in my cube, but I'm looking for other pieces before I'ld pick her!

Not in my cube, but always a great draw p1p1:

I took "interesting p1p1" to mean "build around", not so much power level, otherwise I'd just be listing burn spells and hellrider and stuff.

Oh, right. Guess I got confused by the colorless thread. And Rekindling Phoenix threw me off.

Out of the cards I posted, I'd say Manabarbs is the closest to a build around. I'll add others that make me draft around them:

There are some real surprising picks in this thread. I mean, who first picks abrade? Not really dissing, I just find it strange.

My picks

Though I guess you might say some of mine are weird.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I see. How is the Wildfire deck? What does it need to work? Does drafting it feel on rails or is there room for variation?
The Wildfire deck is pretty awesome! All it asks for is a few 5+ toughness creatures and/or planeswalkers. Sprinkle in some land recursion (Life from the Loam, Crucible of Worlds) or artifact mana and you're on your way to breaking the symmetry!

There are some real surprising picks in this thread. I mean, who first picks abrade? Not really dissing, I just find it strange.

It's just such a flexible spell, I really like it :) Mind you, there's a lot of cards I'ld take over it, but I won't feel like I missed out on something if I p1p1 it.