Jonas 360 Cube

I ran all the commands when I started my cube, since I apparently drafted a whole lot of Lorwyn. The only two that has stayed in all the time is Profane and Cryptic, with Austere command bouncing in and out, Primal went out because no-one really played it, and the poor red command went out pretty fast. Oh and thanks for changing the title.

Added some cards. For tokens: Raise the alarmx2 Twilight drover Seems like a durdly card that a slow deck could enjoy. Glorious anthem and Kozilek's Predator.
For lifegain: Ajani's pridematex2 Augury adept Also fits great in UW control, Tithe drinkerx2, syndic of tithes, gift of orzhova.
Added a minor Haakon theme, with Haakon, Stromgald scourge, Nameless inversion and crib swap. Synergy with Knight of the Reliquary, Mirran Crusader, Silverblade Paladin, Knight of Meadowgrain and Mirror Entity.
Misc adds: Wall of Roots, Primal Command, Wall of Omens.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Primal Command is awesome with or without lifegain. The more I see it in action, the more I'm impressed.

I'm starting to come around on Primal Command. For whatever reason, it never really worked for us the first year or so I had it in, so I benched it for a while. Then our winning player this week used it really effectively as half of a Plow Under, while also tutoring for his best creature.

I think it's less good when you're behind against aggro, and gain 7 + tutor is the only viable option, and a mediocre one at that. But when the game is even or you're slightly ahead, it pulls its weight.

CML

Contributor
Not sure how to feel about Primal Command, it's an expensive-ass spell but it's a good one. Incidental GY hate is nice that i still have it in but uhhh you know.

any love for bloom tender? i wanna make a "2-mana accelerant thread"

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Primal Command has been the backbone of 3 - 0 ramp decks in my cube, and wrecked me out of Hannes' 2 - 1 Pod deck over the weekend. You guys should give it a second look. Gain 7 + grab Grave Titan tends to be pretty solid against even aggro.

What do people think on
vs ?

Are the humans worth the sorcery speed? I don't count on fateful hour coming into play that often.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
For the most part you usually arent ambushing anything with what's essentially a bear.
Don't underestimate fateful hour, I've done it and damn does it make for good stories :D

I'll try Gather the Townsfolk instead, and I was already planning on doubling up on Champions, since humans is the best 5-color tribe.

New Cards in:

Cards out: I have no idea yet. Pondering about what would be best for the draft enviroment. Thinking about going up to those 4 gravecrawlers.

I feel like we've brainwashed you very quickly. :)
To be fair, I have been surfing MTGS quite a lot. I'm not sold on the Birthing Pod idea quite yet, but that might be because my BW token deck had a hard time beating it in Modern. Even though my deck was better and more fun, damnit.
It feels like going for multiples in the 1cc and 2cc slots does the most for consistency, since at most other parts of the curve, you can cast the cards at any time during the game and still have an impact, while a turn 4 Tormented Hero doesn't really help anyone.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
There's a little less infinite comboing off in a cube birthing pod deck, so maybe that's the difference that'll let you add them

I will have to let my undying rage simmer for a while more before I do though.
I also have the problem that I suffer from hipster syndrome, I can't do things that seem to mainstream ;)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's true, certainly. Part of the idea behind the contest is to get an infusion of new ideas to shake things up. Most the active posters here are on board with multi pod/crawler/fetch, but maybe we can diversify. The biggest point of contention seems to be how people feel about Devotion.

I think it's hard to say anything about devotion until Born of the Gods and Return to Nyx are out, since all colors don't have access to enough devotion cards to make a good judgement on it. Just look at white, with all its good WW cards, that could benefit a lot from good devotion cards, but only has crap so far. Gray merchant might be the bomb though.

Its true! I keep mulitples out of my cube and instead fill it with crap like "White/Blue Heroic" just to keep this place honest.

Good man!

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Gray Merchant is an absolute bomb, that's for sure. I agree with you on white devotion: a six mana card that directly competes with every card names elspeth and a god with a poor passive is not really where I want to be, but that could all change soon!

Decided to add four cards that I had lying around, just to get it up to 360 and draftable again. Gravecrawler, Nightveil Specter, Fulminator Mage, and testing out Bogardan Lancer

CML

Contributor
Not to kill the mood but is ol inky so awful and oppressive that he's more hated than a (very cool) unplayable?!

He's a card that you either tinker or reanimate for, and there are more exciting cards to do both with, imo. The only decision you have to make with it is if you want to win now or wait a turn or two. That's kinda boring. Voidmage can do all kinds of fun stuff! :p

I really think you should give Birthing Pod a try. It's one of the most rewarding decks to get together if you love value. I played it in standard almost the entire time it was in. Infinite combo's aren't needed to make this card a real delight.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Have you gotten a chance to play since the changes? How has the mutli-pridemate done? It seems that you basically have to play them with the double tithe drinkers, but it looks like a really fun deck. I recommend attempting to stuff a soul warden in there, she's a good card and really pushes those pridemates.