Sets [KLD] Kaladesh Spoilers Thread

Thank you. Your post was very informative.:D

I forgot to include a key bit of information: The -reason- that Wildspeaker/co don't help as much is because you aren't likely to have any lands to double-tap when your wildfire resolves :p

It's possible of course for Wildfire to dip into green for Cultivate/Kodama's reach to secure future land drops, but green is usually based around mana-dorks... which all die to Wildfire. Not the best interaction. That's not to say you can't splash green for other things. The gitrog monster seems busted if you can make that work.

In general, though, Wildifre fits into the Jeskai color triplicate most firmly with R -> W -> U being the order of wants.

I forgot to include a key bit of information: The -reason- that Wildspeaker/co don't help as much is because you aren't likely to have any lands to double-tap when your wildfire resolves :p

I was envisioning using Garruk and Nissa to untap the lands before casting wildfire. That way you either played an early wildfire and your opponent is left with nothing and you're left with a Planeswalker that can start making tokens or ramp when you start playing again or you're left with some floating mana to cast something to protect the Planeswalker.

I think your post about the mana rocks is spot on. I've always seen Wildfire decks as UR decks in the same vein as Upheaval decks with the mana rocks.

I was envisioning using Garruk and Nissa to untap the lands before casting wildfire. That way you either played an early wildfire and your opponent is left with nothing and you're left with a Planeswalker that can start making tokens or ramp when you start playing again or you're left with some floating mana to cast something to protect the Planeswalker.

I think your post about the mana rocks is spot on. I've always seen Wildfire decks as UR decks in the same vein as Upheaval decks with the mana rocks.

Wildfire and Upheaval can go in the same deck as they do share complementary game plans, though Upheaval is a bajillion times better as the U/G deck.

You're not wrong about Garruk not being horrible. Spitting out 3/3s is great when your opponent cant respond (there are several Legacy decks that attempt to pretty much do that :p) and to SOME degree, just being a planes-walker does synergize with wildfire. Naya Wildfire can work, but I wouldn't move in green specifically unless your fixing is great, and it just comes naturally. Also, the best PW in R/G for Wildfire is easily xenagos, the reveler, not garruk. Xenagos would be a reason to splash green over the big guy, though Garruk wildspeaker is no slouch, I'll admit.

Unless your fixing is obscenely good, Nissa Worldwaker is right out.

It's a while since KLD was released. I'd like to here people's opinions on the following cards since I did not get to play a lot of MtG since Oct '16.

People were afraid of the green Hulk being too strong but I wonder if that's what you people asserted? Compared to Wolfir Silverheart which I always found to be a nice addition, this one doesn't seem to overwhelming but maybe I'm horribly wrong and someone is able to tell me?
The next one I'm personally afraid of being too strong is the black Hulk. Big evasive creature, spot removal and lifegain in one card - a perfect fit for Bx control, wouldn't you agree? It still does a lot for the investment of six mana.
About the other three: blue is an auto-include, red is nice in my list as I'm heavily supporting GR ramp strategies and white does need a certain build-around but is definitely the way better alternative to Tragic Arrogance (especially since I'm not that artifact-heavy so I'd choose him to maybe have two creatures left on the bf). The question on the latter one is: does it pay off?

What about those three? I'm running Kytheon, Hero of Akros, Jace, Unraveler of Secrets, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, Liliana, Heretical Healer, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Chandra, Flamecaller, Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh, Nissa, Vastwood Seer and Kiora, Master of the Depths so far.
I could see flip Chandra being swapped out for the way more interesting Torch of Defiance, just add Nissa, Vital Force (if it isn't too weak) and add Dovin Baan as a good multicolour control tool/finisher. Planeswalkers are by far the hardest to evaluate, so I'm happily awaiting your input.

And at last:
What do people think about Cathartic Reunion in comparison to Magmatic Insight, and Aerial Responder to Vampire Nighthawk?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
The green gearhulk is really strong. I do think it's weaker than Wolfir Silverheart, but that's because wolfir silverheart is bananas.
Black gearhulk is solid, not broken at all.
White gearhulk is a solid, interesting creature with a good body that...basically never does anything :p