Low-Power Cube for Six

Is your original post up-to-date with your current supported archetypes? Makes it a lot easier to switch from looking at the cube and looking back to this thread at what you want to accomplish with it.

My first pass of the cube has me questioning the sort of density you're building at certain spots. For example, there are 5 creatures in the 5-drop slot for white, and 4 5-drop white creatures that support a "tokens" strategy in some way. Though each one is pursuing a different goal, having so many at such a high point in the curve will lead to the weakest of them (in this case, Sensor Splicer) typically going underplayed, or may lead to midrange slugfests where the early game simply doesn't matter, since the white player is dumping tons of bodies on the board starting T5+. A similar question arises at seeing 9 3-drop black creatures, and 10 3-drop green creatures; that's quite a lot! And when you look at it from a color pair standpoint: the {B}{G} deck is going to have up to 19 3-drop creatures to choose from. That's going to have a negative impact on their curve, and it's going to, again, push some of your weaker options out of decks entirely.

There's also some stray cards in this list that seem set to ruin someone's day; Bane of Progress is either an outrageous hoser or unplayable, Epic Proportions steals games in a really un-fun way (imho) at this kind of loose power level, Winds of Rath is potentially super unfun to face off against, and Loxodon Warhammer is the absolute biggest game-ruiner I ever cubed - and I once cubed Treachery. You can have a loose powerband and still have fun, but these cards in particular that I've pointed out seem like they're set to spoil the fun entirely, and I can't imagine a playgroup that's at this casual a level finding them enjoyable - but YMMV.

I feel like there's maybe more creatures than their should be personally, and blue in particular looks somewhat anemic. As someone who really loves spell-based strategies in Planeswalker-less (or Planeswalker-lite) cubes, this is a bit of a let-down to me, but it's up to you and your playerbase what you like best.

Blimey, RaBM - thank you so much, that's super helpful. Let me try and assess, sort out the mistakes you've correctly spotted, and I'll do a proper write up when I'm done (and update the front page...)

I'd also like to remind of the rule that the average cmc of the cube should be around 3.0 or less. I think my cube is around 2.8 at the moment. Hard mode for you would be to cut down to 3 four drops and only 2 five drops! Usually I see 3 five drops in full 360 cubes, and yours is a little smaller.

I'd also like to remind of the rule that the average cmc of the cube should be around 3.0 or less. I think my cube is around 2.8 at the moment. Hard mode for you would be to cut down to 3 four drops and only 2 five drops! Usually I see 3 five drops in full 360 cubes, and yours is a little smaller.

Mm, we're up to 360 now, which I should have added to page 1. Average CMC is 2.88, so we're roughly in the right place I think, I was quite careful at the start to try to keep the curves in hand.

Loads of changes. I've tried to rebalance the colours, the number of creatures, removed the troll cards, and swapped an archetype out altogether. I've also updated the front page, giving a rundown of the cube and some vital statistics. I have unashamedly stolen some cards from the Penny Pincher cube and Rasmus's Cube, so thank you!

Biggest change is a move to -1/-1 counters in GB - I wasn't happy with Dredge, nor its defining cards, and this seems full of flavour. It plays nicely with the rest of the cube too, I think - blink, combat tricks, +1/+1 counters, proliferate.

Next steps likely a little more curve rebalancing and some pruning where the power level of a card is too high.

Any feedback much appreciated!

P.S. Here's the first deck to come out of the mix, a weird 3-colour proliferate thing that looks fun, if a little clunky.

WBU Proliferate Control from CubeTutor.com

And here's the second.

RGu +1+1 Counter Aggro from CubeTutor.com

And one more for your perusal - a nice looking artifact-supported go-wide strategy.

MuscleGran's draft of CubeBuild on 07/11/2017 from CubeTutor.com