second bb zombie

saimasterthopterist1.jpg

artifact prowess wall

sigiledswordofvaleron2.jpg

prob loxodon warhammer levels annoying but looks cool

resplendentangel1.jpg

crested sunmare push

really liking skyrider patrol. cool set

What do you run in the categories as creatures to sacrifice and as cards that reward you for sacrifing?

Probably not enough.

Sac outlets:

Wants to die:

Fun with persist:

Fun with dergons:

Fun with death:

More fun with sac outlets:

Also good with tokens (which are good with sac outlets) and with recursion (and I guess kind of sac outlets too):

I thiiiiink I want to go deeper down these themes/combos, but I could also change my mind about them working and gut all of this for another theme. The idea is to have various aristocrat/token decks and a bunch of combos that fit into midrange shells. I think I went down this path because of all the overlapping synergies that make deck building more open ended maybe. Persist combos might be too janky though.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Dark Dweller oracle is a pretty big deal. Most of the cubable sac outlets are overly narrow, or costed awkwardly. This is a nice flexible body, costed at 2, that fits comfortably into every red deck.

I would 10/10 give it a whirl, there is almost no oppertunity cost with running it, and the upside is some johnny gets to have a fun time with a creative deck design.

Plus goblin tribal potential if you can get there, which is something people seem to enjoy.

And it can sac itself if need be, to get one last card off of it.

I might try this over Abbot of Keral Keep tbh. That card hasn't been overly impactful here

I quite like it if you are supporting bounce/blink and tokens. It's a little on the low power side, but not bad at all. Really good with an anthem. But I did make the comparison to master splicer which put me off a bit. Don't think I'll be adding it but may reconsider.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I really like this set! Lots of clean, fun designs that aren't tied to parasitic set mechanics which don't have proper support. I hope this is a model for core sets in the future.

Interested in at least all of these:

Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants
Cleansing Nova
Militia Bugler
Remorseful Cleric
Resplendent Angel
Exclusion Mage (relevant creature types makes up for no sweet Visions art)
Gearsmith Prodigy
Metamorphic Alteration
Mistcaller
Mystic Archaeologist
Sai, Master Thopterist
Skilled Animator
Graveyard Marshal
Isareth, the Awakener
Stitcher's Supplier (finally some good self-mill in black!)
Dark-Dweller Oracle
Dismissive Pyromancer
Elvish Rejuvenator
Nicol Bolas, the Ravager
Desecrated Tomb
Skyscanner

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Time to ask the same question again but with a new card :)

Would Open the Graves be useful in Aristocrats?

Late to the discussion, but to me it seems like a win-more card. Whenever I drafted Aristocrats, getting the whole engine up and running was nice, but most games you only triggered things a few times, and you wanted your 5-drop (if you even ran one) to be a 5/5 hasty dragon, or a Planeswalker in a pinch.

Midnight prerelease thoughts

Sarkhan, Fireblood was a lot better than I expected. If you can get him down early with some protection, he races towards his ultimate pretty quickly whilst making sure you have the cards to keep him alive.

Patient Rebuilding was also a reasonable win condition. My deck was set up to play one of these two cards and stall out the game until victory, and Rebuilding both puts a pretty fast clock on your opponent and ensures you will have the fuel to hold on. It might be a bit uninteractive, and it's a 5 mana spell that doesn't affect the board, but whether these are downsides will depend on your format.

Vivien Reed absolutely smashed me in one game, particularly as I was relying on Rebuilding to win. The +1 is very strong.

Surge Mare was kind of a strange one, I had a couple of counterspells in my deck and I felt the anti-synergy pretty keenly. If you attack and your opponent blocks, it's sometimes hard to figure out what you want to do.

Midnight prerelease thoughts

Sarkhan, Fireblood was a lot better than I expected. If you can get him down early with some protection, he races towards his ultimate pretty quickly whilst making sure you have the cards to keep him alive.

Patient Rebuilding was also a reasonable win condition. My deck was set up to play one of these two cards and stall out the game until victory, and Rebuilding both puts a pretty fast clock on your opponent and ensures you will have the fuel to hold on. It might be a bit uninteractive, and it's a 5 mana spell that doesn't affect the board, but whether these are downsides will depend on your format.

Vivien Reed absolutely smashed me in one game, particularly as I was relying on Rebuilding to win. The +1 is very strong.

Surge Mare was kind of a strange one, I had a couple of counterspells in my deck and I felt the anti-synergy pretty keenly. If you attack and your opponent blocks, it's sometimes hard to figure out what you want to do.

Are you planning on adding any to your cube?

Are tou worried Sarkhan will signal Dragons?

Also Midnight Pre-Releases <3

I might add Sarkhan, although I have only 1 dragon so his play pattern will only be the first ability until ready to ultimate. The others I don't think so, Patient Rebuilding is probably too slow for my format, I didn't open a Vivien Reed and whilst she's good I'm not sure she's super interesting, and Surge Mare is a bit underpowered.

Late to the discussion, but to me it seems like a win-more card. Whenever I drafted Aristocrats, getting the whole engine up and running was nice, but most games you only triggered things a few times, and you wanted your 5-drop (if you even ran one) to be a 5/5 hasty dragon, or a Planeswalker in a pinch.
Do you really need to play aristocrats specifically to want a 5/5 hasty dragon???

Cards I'm looking at:

And of Course...​
I also might consider Stitcher's Supplier if I can make a dredge deck come together.​
I'm doing a write up of my cube (and it's most recent update(s)) at this time, but I like these cards because they support Enchantress, Artifacts, Discard, and Dinosaurs. It's a fun cube (and it plays really well too!).​