Mirage Rath themed cube

Chris Taylor

Contributor
oh god static orb.

Summer bloom seems really bad. I am all in favor of a select few rares though. No need to limit yourself if the cube stays with a good spirit behind it

Yeah, summer bloom is really bad, and static orb is a bit of pain. I had no thought between selecting just those rares, but some of them at least had a bit of build around me quality. There needs to be some kind of incentive for building a deck, not just scraping by on horrible crap.

I added stampeding wildebeest, so I can make the durdliest deck full of spikes and lose. But hey, interactions!

Looks like I might be able to do some testing with the uncommons that I added tomorrow, which will be good, since I can see if they added anything or if it is all shit.

Update ahoy.

In

Out

Knight of Dawn and Phantom Warrior are in on probation, while I remove some cards with banding, because banding, along with some cards that don't have too much to interact with in the cube, such as mulch, which might find its way in if black gets more cards that deal with the graveyard. Thinking of doubling up on muscle sliver among other things, here in my theorycrafting corner.

It's a good incentive for going into slivers, and having three of them could lure two players into playing slivers.

Mental notes on cards worth playing in multiples

some spike or other

need to figure out stuff in other colours too.

Actually, a good idea might be doubling up on all the common slivers:

all of them have relevant abilities, and can push someone into slivers.

Edit: Pushing someone into slivers might be a little over the top, but seeing a few going around would at least be enough for me to hit the theme.

Latest winning deck, rw flanking is doing well so far, racking up two wins. I think I might need more removal.

flanking

In

Out

New bit of updating done, upping the count of removal, last creature with banding finally disappeared, and managed to add a little bit of graveyard shenanigans, with more coming in upcoming updates. Also trying doubling up on common slivers, since there was two decks with slivers last time, which was interesting.

Also, could someone rename this to Mirage Rath themed cube?

I was thinking of looking to 5th edition, to see what cards are available to support the graveyard cards, without being too overpowering.

Another day, another update.

In:

Out:

Taking the shadow theme away from blue for a bit, and leaving it in just BW to see how that pans out, I really want to see some action going on there. Adding some better creatures and taking some shitty away. Dipped into 5th edition to try out phantasmal terrain for the islandhome theme in mono-ish blue, and added a few more discards for reanimating. Will also be adding Necromancy at some point. White got a big boost at the higher ccs with Exalted dragon and Archangel, and got humility which will make them both useless. Green got a bit of boost too, have some hope for lure of prey, seems like a fun card. Verdant force turn 4 anyone? Will have to see if earthcraft does anything, I guess I'll give it a few drafts. I might have to take this cube up to around 400 cards, just to be able to fit the cards I want to keep in it, or I might just take out the islandhome guys, even though I love them.

I might have to add a white wrath, and I'm considering these two

Winds of rath have the bonus that you can actually profit from it, so it seems a bit more interesting, and the length of the games pretty much makes sure that the 5cc isn't much of a problem. Thoughts on that?