Modern Rotisserie Draft

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
It sounds like people want to do double picks at some point, but don't have strong opinions about where exactly in the draft to start. So I'm going to arbitrarily pick round 25 as the kickoff point. If you're taking part and don't like the sound of that, let me know, soon!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I guess there's no way to have certain cells visible to only certain individuals. That would be great functionality. What about sheets with access? People could have their own tabs and leave instructions, and others can just port it over to the main document when needed.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Have sheet 1 and person A invited to the spreadsheet
Under protect put you and person A as the only people who can edit that sheet.
Hide the sheet and then other people won't be able to unhide it. If they try they should get an error message saying it is protected.
This isn't the most convenient thing when the person who owns the spreadsheet has to unhide them to look at the information though.

Eric, can you test this?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Eric, can you test this?
Uh, won't that mean I can still see all the hidden information?

Why don't you start a second sheet where you're the owner, and then you can mess around with that document? At least if something screws up, only you should have gained any relevant knowledge.

I'm gonna be out of town for the next two weeks, starting this weekend, and I can't vouch for the quality of my internet access while I'm away. Given that I may be the one holding up the draft itself during that period, I don't really want to sign up for fiddling with a bunch of extra hidden sheets when I can't guarantee that I'll be responsive. But, like I said, feel free to start a separate sheet of your own.

I guess there's no way to have certain cells visible to only certain individuals. That would be great functionality. What about sheets with access? People could have their own tabs and leave instructions, and others can just port it over to the main document when needed.
Custom web app or mobile app, people. Sheets was meant for collaboration, not hidden information games. Apps, on the other hand...

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I still think it's pretty sweet, but the glacial pace at which we're going (8 rounds in 3 days... yes, I'm impatient) has dampened my excitement a little.

It's one of those things that doesn't work super well with people who live in different time zones. Or wake up at 5 pm, in my case.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Time zones have been a factor, but there's still around 12 common hours a day when everyone's awake, between the east coast and Europe.

Laz

Developer
Time zones have been a factor, but there's still around 12 common hours a day when everyone's awake, between the east coast and Europe.

This summarises my hesitation to put my hand up. Australia is a pretty serious wrench to throw into the works.

LAZ! I love aussies. They're awake most of the same hours I am.

Let's duel. Sealed packs. 3x NPH 3x Scars. I'm pretty fuckin caffeinated!

...or I'll try to keep learning Python. That's fun too.

I'd say zones are a pretty big factor, I've been available all night, checkin in on the sheet but it ain't my turn. James'll probably be able to make his pick just as I go to bed! :)

I think it's an add-on to Google Sheets that lets you do things like delete/shift/manipulate multiple cells (ie rows or columns or blocks) at once