Peasant Cube (Working)

I love cycling as a mechanic. If you want the cards that only trigger off of cards that cycle to be approximately as good as they are in Ikoria limited, you're going to need ~60 cards with cycling to get your as-fan ratio to a similar state. If you manage to do that though (which isn't hard at the peasant power level, mind you, you've already selected 32 options!), you're going to have a fun and interesting archetype for your drafters.

60 is a lot! I like cycling and all, but I’m not sure I can hit that kind of density without screwing up a lot of archetypes. I think I’m leaning more towards the White Weenie buildarounds because they have base stats that are more usable in peasant. The only danger is luring someone into thinking there’s a greater density of cycling support than there actually is....it’s why I’m more hesitant to include astral slide and escape protocol. I don’t want to be ham-jamming shimmering barrier and the like.

60 is a lot! I like cycling and all, but I’m not sure I can hit that kind of density without screwing up a lot of archetypes. I think I’m leaning more towards the White Weenie buildarounds because they have base stats that are more usable in peasant. The only danger is luring someone into thinking there’s a greater density of cycling support than there actually is....it’s why I’m more hesitant to include astral slide and escape protocol. I don’t want to be ham-jamming shimmering barrier and the like.

I don't think you will screw up anything if you spread cycling cards into every color. Here are some good non-esper options.

And that's another 22 cards without too much effort, not counting any payoffs for a cycling deck these colors provide:

Plus, theres a couple more WUB cards that would go well into this deck:

And hey, if you add the listed cycling cards above and a red and green cycling land, you're up to 60 cards!

Also note that 60 cards with cycling is just for if you want an as-fan ratio of 2.5, a similar number to that of Ikoria (2.38) and Amonkhet (2.49). If you're ok with going down to a 2.0 as-fan, you would only need 48 cycling cards, which I think is a little more manageable. In that case, you wouldn't need to add like half of the red/green cards I suggested.

Whatever you do, slam Hieroglyphic Illumination. Even if you're not doing a heavy cycling theme, the card is really flexible. It's basically a split card of Reach through Mists and Inspiriation, both of which are surprisingly good in the correct circumstances. Worst case, it's a slightly worse opt, best case, you use it to refill your hand in the mid to late game. Even people with high-powered normal cubes are running this these days because of it's flexibility. I've played it extensively myself and I quite like it- Hieroglyphic Illumination is a good card!