Pokemon Go

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I like the game. It has lots of problems. Looking at stories people tell on Reddit makes me enjoy it more, but seeing high CP Pokemon on Reddit makes me enjoy it less.

Tons of problems. Kinda sad about the direction they decided go with all the leveling up, and the huge lack of depth the game has. Still kinda fun

We had some armed robberies close to me, somebody put a lure module on a pokestop in a parking lot at midnight, and waited.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I will say, the game has gotten me to get out and about, and explore quite a bit. The game is a bit of a grind, but it doesn't feel like one when you're out in the fresh air, walking or biking around town and noticing little landmarks you have never seen before.

So much of the game is about discovery, and easy to rob yourself of that by reading details elsewhere.

Among the criticisms, I wish the game gave me more incentive to leave the city. Abundant pokestops and pokemon around town are great, but I would love to be encouraged to go hiking in strange locations. Quests to new villages and forests and whatnot.

My little town has 4 pokestops and 4 gyms, so there's some reason to leave, but you have to drive 20-30 minutes to reach anything else...

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
My little town has 4 pokestops and 4 gyms, so there's some reason to leave, but you have to drive 20-30 minutes to reach anything else...

Aha, yeah, in that case. But still, the "ideal" destination for you is still a city, no? The density of pokestops in some areas is a little absurd.

Aoret

Developer
I'm enjoying it so far. The above criticisms are definitely valid. Game lacks depth and honestly kind of sucks, is a grindfest, etc.

But catching them is fun, exploring is fun, having a reason to hit my steps every day is fun, and so are the stories that happen because you're actually out in the world (where unexpected things can happen. shock. horror!).

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Tried to install it today while I was sitting around in a park with a buddy. Couldn't delete enough music to make space for the app so I gave up.