Card/Deck Red Tokens

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Orcish Oriflamme was {1}{R} in alpha
167.jpg

CML

Contributor

haha do try it in funsies draft, i'm guessing it'll only happen once but who knows

also like

army in a can cards can be pretty fun if they're balanced properly (more wraths, i agree!, drown in sorrow, awesome) and there's a lot of play to all these except krenko, who sucks anyway so just try the other 3

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea what I'm doing.

RED

GreaterGargadon [Imperial Recruiter]
Grim Lavamancer
Goblin Guide
Firedrinker Satyr
Spikeshot Elder
Stromkirk Noble
Rakdos Cackler

Mogg War Marshal
Burning-Tree Emissary [Young Pyromancer]
Hellspark Elemental
Keldon Marauders
Young Pyromancer
Stormblood Berserker
Plated Geopede [Young Pyromancer]
Torch Fiend

Cunning Sparkmage
Chandra's Phoenix
Hell's Thunder
ManicVandal [Countryside Crusher]
Tuktuk the Explorer

Avalanche Riders
Hero of Oxid Ridge [Hellrider]
Flametongue Kavu
Murderous Redcap

Thundermaw Hellkite
Zealous Conscripts

Inferno Titan
-------------------------------- (26)

Lightning Bolt
Chain Lightning
FaithlessLooting [Purphoros, God of the Forge]
Reckless Charge
Pillar of Flame
Pillar of Flame

Magma Jet
Incinerate
Searing Blaze
SmashtoSmithereens [Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker]
Arc Trail
Pyroclasm
Goblin Bombardment
Punishing Fire

Sulfuric Vortex
Brimstone Volley
ActofTreason [Orcish Oriflamme 2CMC]
Pillage
Mark of Mutiny
Anger of the Gods

Koth of the Hammer
Bonfire of the Damned

Red Sun's Zenith
Sudden Demise
-------------------------------- (25)
-----------------------------------------(51)

ARTIFACT

Dismember
Expedition Map

Rhox War Monk
Jinxed Idol
Blasting Station

Crucible of Worlds
DuskmantleSeer [Gitaxian Probe]
Engineered Explosives
Nevinyrral's Disk
Sensei's Divining Top
Zuran Orb

Mox Diamond
Sphere of the Suns
Coalition Relic
Mind Stone
Coldsteel Heart
Everflowing Chalice

Adventuring Gear
Bonesplitter
Grafted Wargear
Umezawa'sJitte [Gitaxian Probe]
Sword of War and Peace
Basilisk Collar
------------------------------ (24)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Looks good to me! I think this is Young Pyromancer's day of reckoning, when it comes to cube. She has so much potential, but no one's been able to unlock any of it so far. This is as juiced an environment as it's going to get for her, so it's sink or swim time. If she's no good despite all these changes, it might be time to cut her loose.

It's a sad day for Jitte, being cut for sorcery Peek. Also, Pyro is a dude. The bare chest and style reminiscent of Elton John prove it.

CML

Contributor
CT: Chandra, Pyromaster

Wadds:

Could be Legion's Initiative for the Oriflamme, though it's bad with tokens it's good with ETB.

I wouldn't cut Red Hero or BTE but eh who knows, you're a 360

I tried multiple Pyromancers but couldn't get it to be much of a thing, even with hella cantrips, maybe you'll do better!

Manamorphose doesn't do much unless you're, you know, trying to get a lethal Grapeshot

Empty Warrens, Faithless Looting, Flame Jab, Firebolt, Mana Morphose (less extent BTE) Foundry Street Denizen doesn't sound god awful.

In my fucking around in peasant I've found spells-matter, madness, storm and graveyard strategies get a long very well. It was sorta simple to help the spells matter with more instants that made dorks, and then green and black and white could get in on it with sac and pump tricks.

Travel Preparations looks like a lot of fun with the pyromancer. My cube will be full of very weird zoo decks and aggro madness decks.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I'm using most of these cards and pushing tokens and sac themes quite a lot:

http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/276

I really like where you're going with this, Alfonso. I don't remember if you have a cube thread for your list, or whether you've posted about your cube archetypes and I just missed it, but either way I'd love to hear more about the kinds of decks your environment creates. If you have some sample decklists, throw 'em up and let us have a look!

CML

Contributor
I am a big Firebolt fan, feel the same way about Lava Dart that I do about Gut Shot

Is the key to design the archetype not to be reliant on the 2/1 monster and just be good when you have it in play?

That's where I'd go with it. There are tons of spells that are good and don't need BTE but get better with BTE. In color, every burn spell ever printed comes to mind. Blue seems like a good second color with brainstorm, ponder, preordain, being able to leave up counterspells and incidentally building your board full of tiny creatures, etc.