Sets (RNA) Ravnica Allegiance Spoilers

As long as the board is locked down some how, either due to a board stall or you having blown upp all credible threats; Ill-gotten gains will keep ticking away while villain looks for answers. It'll also undo the race so far! After a little while you might be back at 20 and villain and like 9, so you finish them with one hit from a flyer and then pop the Ill-gotten gains for 4 in the face.

I do think the ill-gotten gains does have an advantage in just more clearly communicating to a player that they can build a pillowforty deck, Palace Siege requires the player to be just slightly more clever.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I forgot this card existed. I kinda want to try it now. Do you think it's more or less powerful than Whip of Erebos?

Probably infinitely less troublesome, because team-wide lifelink is a baaaaaad idea in my experience. That said, both sides of this card are very strong. I run Ravos Soultender in my cube, and getting a free Disentomb each turn is very good from experience. I imagine a 4 point life swing each turn is similarly powerful.

I play Ravos and he's a very good Baneslayer. Works nicely as an anthem, synergies with sacrifice strategies for the mardu aristocrats decks that are popular in my environment. Design-wise I'm really high on "stellar if you untap with it" cards at the moment.

I'm very interested in this one. Is there anyone who had a positive experience with it? What kind of deck it was and does Priest require a lot of creatures for work?

I'm very interested in this one. Is there anyone who had a positive experience with it? What kind of deck it was and does Priest require a lot of creatures for work?
I found it to be pretty clunky in testing. There's a Standard deck that plays this and some number of

and then other sacrifice fodder stuff. the mana from Priest of Forgotten Gods goes straight into a Gutterbones trigger - in Cube, this could easily be Gravecrawler or Bloodsoaked Champion recursion. It's cute but I think doesn't do enough (the right?) interesting things to help either sacrifice combo decks or value-sac decks, which is a real bummer but there ya go

"two other creatures" is just a real beating imo