General Seat your Players with ℯ

It's that weekend you and your friends have been waiting for the whole month! You can finally play some sweet sweet cube draft! After <insert prep time> hours, the cards are shuffled and the boosters are ready to be drafted, with three in each seat around the table (plus that extra one for Lore Seeker, because we all love that little metal guy!). That's when everyone gets ready and...

...roll a d8 to get the seatings?...

...roll other dice?...

...play rock-paper-scissors?...

...make a sorted list on random.org?...

Well, you could do any of these, but I'm here to give you the hot tip for this summer (go go southern hemisphere!):

You can actually use cards to randomize the table seatings! You can even have some cool custom-made art so they look even more stylish! You just need to have the numbers from 1 to 8 in each of eight different cards, shuffle, give one to each friend, and BAM! Table seatings are sorted!

Whoa! That's crazy, right?

This is something that came up quite a while ago, when I was attending one of Velrum's cube draft weekend extravaganza, and the idea just popped to our minds back then. The next draft day, he already had the cards ready to sort out the table seatings, but since it took me about 4 months or more to actually make and print my own Table Seat Sorters, I figured I could come around and give you guys this wonderful time-saving tip!

For my cube, I wanted the Table Seating cards to somewhat foreshadow something the players could expect in the cube draft, so I came up with the following:
table-seatings.jpg
I don't ever expect to use 9 or 10, but I felt like it was better with than without.

Feel free to just print and use these if you'd like to use this ProTip™

And how about you, guys and gals? How do you seat your players? Do you have other time-saving tips for making the draft event go smoother?

PS: The title should say STYLE with a cursive letter. Guess it might be missing in the type file.
PPS: Added a PDF with the Table Seatings. Should be ready to print, cut, and sleeve.

Attachments

• table seatings-min.pdf
    377.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey that's my idea :) A friend of mine (Emil Sarauw) and I talked about the die roll issue and then it just hit me. I introduced the Fantasy Cube group to the seating-cards the following tournament which is a little less than two years ago. Vince was present the first time I showed the cards. Vince did you partake in the brainstorming? I do not remember. I thought it was only me and Emil.

You can see how the seatings-cards look like right here:

Almost 90 % of the way toward the bottom
http://www.cubetutor.com/visualspoiler/66309

However the seating-cards are only half the story. The other half is the Pairings-board which corresponds exactly to the seating-cards.

In this the 8 players randomly pick a seating and sits by the table in accordings with the Pairing board. The 8 players can then, all by themselves and without any die rolls, continue to pair up for the rest of the tournament without my presence. You put your name in the initial box in the middle by the numbers. If you win you go up, if you lose you go down. The winner of the tournament is the one with the name in the top right corner. The 0-3 loser is the one in the bottom right corner.

50.jpg

Yes there are 10 seating cards because we quite often end up being more than 8 players.

Hey that's my idea :) A friend of mine (Emil Sarauw) and I talked about the die roll issue and then it just hit me. I introduced the Fantasy Cube group to the seating-cards the following tournament which is a little less than two years ago. Vince was present the first time I showed the cards. Vince did you partake in the brainstorming? I do not remember. I thought it was only me and Emil.

I told you should use cards for sorting the seats the second time I played with you. If I recall correctly, it was probably mid 2016, when we were playing in the Norrebro apartment, and I was still living in Dyssegaard. I don't know if you had discussed it with someone else previously, or if the brainstorm happened the same day I mentioned it to you guys. I think I might have mentioned using cards and went on to either build the deck or play the first round, not sure. I took only 1.5 years to finally print mine :D

I don't think I participated in the brainstorm for the integration with the pairings chart, though, but it is 100% recommended. Great idea and a huge time saver.

I told you should use cards for sorting the seats the second time I played with you. If I recall correctly, it was probably mid 2016, when we were playing in the Norrebro apartment, and I was still living in Dyssegaard. I don't know if you had discussed it with someone else previously, or if the brainstorm happened the same day I mentioned it to you guys. I think I might have mentioned using cards and went on to either build the deck or play the first round, not sure. I took only 1.5 years to finally print mine :D

I don't think I participated in the brainstorm for the integration with the pairings chart, though, but it is 100% recommended. Great idea and a huge time saver.

Your story lines up ;) I will hereby grant you at least 30 % of the royalty-revenues! ;)