Sets Shadows over Innistrad Spoilers Thread

ill stuff that and hanweir militia captain. give me bears

anyone else think that 3u zombie is under the radar. filter ur whole hand on 3/3 skulk

also black reveillark

Last of the full spoilers are up!: http://mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html

Some of the cards that I'm liking so far:
skeletonkey.jpg
cryptolithrite.jpg
crawlingsensation.jpg
en_6hZCkqFkK4.png
en_1T9lEDiYNi.png
en_0MmYjYMXwC.png
kindlystranger.jpg

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Kessig Forgemaster is no joke, Ashmouth Hound won me an embarrassing number of games in Innistrad limited and this guy is all upside.

I think this guy is an awesome madness enabler:
en_O6fGHGGyOM.png

Lets you hit the madness cards on curve and unlike hapless researcher, the menance means that sometimes you can just go to town with a bonesplitter.

Skin Invasion might be really good.

en_AFrluk14U3.png

Seems to be exactly what red needs in my cube!

Skin invasion caught my eye the most though, red is going to have some difficult cuts with the next update.

What, noone mentioned this beauty yet?

en_3iSdXWC0hf.png
If it cost 2 on the front end, I'd probably be all in. It is a sweet, sweet effect though. I'm loving the "Soul" theme going on, with exile from GY: effect.

I think Skin Invasion is wicked strong. Can either make the opponents beater attack (the toad) so you can swing past or it can force a very poor attack, giving you a 1 mana 3/4. Love it. Unique red evasion or removal. Can theoretically be attached to your own creature too, if it's destined to be eaten by a carrion feeder or something.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
dauntlesscathar.jpg
nearheathchaplain.jpg

Lucas you didn't tell me you were on the design team for this set! Looks like they cut cycling from your design though.

Also man, how sweet would cycling have been with delirium...

en_CW9OBxKwFL.png

Pauper Goyf?
I'd jam it. Seems like a fun take on a grindy, beatdown pauper brew

Man what is it with the wording in this set, I'm not usually noticing shit like this:
en_RZ1gvSMkFI.png

Why doesn't this say "Permanent card"? Instant creatures? :p
I've been wondering this myself.... one possible explanation is that with core sets gone, they have to kinda... sneak some more explicit wordings in to give a little boost to players still grasping lingo? All that aside, that's probably the most interesting of the vessels for cube. I might find some selection spell in green to replace with this.

what a set

anyone else thinking of doubling up on the new zombies or its good as it is. bb 2 drop is questionable cost to break singleton on and then the weak monastery mentor type effect

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Another interesting one:
en_IMu4NpjYdf.png
en_EQ6l05W6Vj.png

Skip your t2 attack, get a 2/3 "firebreathing".
Interesting! I love attacking with creatures with greater toughness more than the average player, but I like the idea of a 1 drop that easy to set up that is this big.

en_lIZKQUPDeF.png

I think this guy's nickname is "It's Lupus"

en_URnOmLJMNG.png

I hope in Eldrich Moon there's a Ludevic and Geralf legendary creature I can nickname "Science Bros"

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
and or seal of fire?

Probably not: being instant speed to hit spellstutter sprite is pretty big game.

Seal of doom is maybe ok though? I feel like chromaric star/sphere could be a part of the puzzle as well.

The problem with the card though is that it only has 4 toughness, and is green. Still like it though.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Another interesting one:
en_IMu4NpjYdf.png
en_EQ6l05W6Vj.png

According to limited resources, the rules concerning dual faced cards are changing, and the mana cost is now considered the same on both sides. (Though I can't seem to find confirmation of this)

So for Eg, Incited Rabble has a Mana Cost of {W}, despite being a red card. So if you need more MTG riddles, there's now an answer to "What can you sunlance that contributes to your devotion to white?"

So if you run Repeal, Engineered Explosives, or Smother, they got slightly worse. If you run Birthing Pod, it got better (?)

According to Tabak's SOI mechanics article, the back face will still have no mana cost, but it will have the CMC of the front side. So Incited Rabble would not contribute to your devotion to white, but it would have CMC 1.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
According to Tabak's SOI mechanics article, the back face will still have no mana cost, but it will have the CMC of the front side. So Incited Rabble would not contribute to your devotion to white, but it would have CMC 1.

I don't know if that's weirder or less weird....
I mean hey I run only birthing pod from the list I mentioned :p

Legacy players are flipping out that you won't be able to engineered explosives for Insectiles and Pyromancer tokens at the same time. I think it's a good change though.