Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Demonic Pact seems playable even if you can't bounce it. It just means you have to sculpt the game to a point where in the next three turns you win, rather than cast it right away. Plus there's a lot of incedental bounce in Cube already to not have to support it explicitly.

Demonic Pact seems playable even if you can't bounce it. It just means you have to sculpt the game to a point where in the next three turns you win, rather than cast it right away.

The problem I have with this line of thought is the ONLY mode that 'guarantees' winning is the 4 damage, so you're just playing with weird suspend 1fireblast that your opponent can backpedal and stall to force you to lose to.

I give it the abyssal persecutor ruling that the card is super cool but if I can't safely run it I'm not running it at all.

What are some cubeable bounce effects that will allow us to reset

The only one that I could think of off the top of my head was Repeal.

Got a foil one and now I feel I have to run it. For me it will probably work best with white, as there's more of an enchantment theme going there(I already run Athreos, god of passage, Blessed Spirits, Oblivion Ring and so on). Here are some cards I'm considering or already running:

I like Terashi's Grasp as I'm adding Tallowisp which lets you tutor up other enchantments too. Auramancer, Lotus-Eye Mystics and Starfield of Nyx also works if you want to destroy/get it back.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I think its worth considering just because it makes enchantment destruction more fun and feel less narrow. Its so much better when artifact or enchantment destruction are not just narrow hate cards and have the potential to be value pieces that sometimes interact with a critical spell.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
What are some cubeable bounce effects that will allow us to reset

The only one that I could think of off the top of my head was Repeal.

Let's just get rid of it entirely. Tis a silly pact.

Image.ashx
+

+

World's most desperate Lava Axe:
Image.ashx

Okay, I'm not going onto page 2 of Gatherer.

Confession Time: I really love angels. How are these ladies?

Avenger isn't great, but is a fine filler card in low-CMC lists with a lot of mana dumps. Just an efficient guy to play off-curve.
I like 5-color decks, and mael angel is certainly a powerful reward. Very answer-this-or-lose, though.
I've actually never seen Guardian Seraph, very different wings than the generic angel deal. Seems fine for low-CMC cubes, but when every color has access to beef it's pretty bleh.
I have a mild bias for basandra (had a fun "lash your guy, but I wouldn't attack ME if I were you" multiplayer deck) but her abilities just aren't great 1v1.

I like this one for various reasons. Probably the lowest-power angel I'd play:

FlowerSunRain

Contributor

I've had mild success with this card, but getting 3 creatures that cost 1 cc into the graveyard is tough, meaning this card makes it into a deck very rarely. If it was more flexible, it'd be much better. What if the cast mode said "with total converted mana cost 3 or less"?

Spending three to bring back a three drop is overcosted, but the flexibility of different combinations of resurrections (as well as the option to hold for the forecast mode) would probably make it an interesting card that could see play in a variety of decks. The main question is if the option to bring back a 1cc and a 2cc together is over the top.