Sets Spoilers Over Innistrad (Digest)

Its been said before, but clues are an amazing mechanic. I'd honestly try for as many clue makers as possible. They help smooth out mana, promote progressive play, and artifacts. Tempted to test out thraben inspector because it comes down so early you can minimize your nongames with it. And white card draw!

Second xyz's inquiry into Olivia. Right now I have this conundrum:
v.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Most of the clue cards fit kind of oddly into formats, though its a great mechanic.

I'm always looking for ways to incidentally increase artifact density, and the only two that made it in for me were:

Though I also like

These are very good cards, but exist at a kind of awkward spot for a lot of cubes. The effects are probably too strong for my format, but a delayed mana intensive cantrip effect seems a bit slow in formats defined by instant gratification ETB spam. Worth trying though if you think you can get away with it.

I could run this card, but the 3cc green slot is a bit crowded. Seems like a solid value creature though for formats that can make space/have time for it.

This is probably the power max pick, and I really like this card. Again, much too strong for me, but it would probably be where I would start if I were running higher power cards.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Someone was streaming with a reboot of the Amulet deck that used Sakura-Tribe Scout/Skyshroud Ranger with Retreat to Coralhelm to get infinite bounceland triggers for infinite life with Jaddi Offshoot/Courser of Kruphix or infinite clues with Tireless Tracker (+ drawing your entire deck and attacking for lethal if you have Amulet)

Tireless Tracker has definitely outperformed my initial expectations in Cube, it's good in aggro but also works with all the durdly stuff

Saw this in another thread. Anyone trying it? Any good?

edit: sooooo annoying you can't sac clues to thopter foundry

Yes. Small sample (1), yes.

Here's the deck that played it. Note: it was a 4 person draft with 5 packs of 9.

TB's Gub Flyers

(Blank cards are just to separate creatures and noncreatures.)

He said it performed well; above expectation. One game it gained him 18 life and helped him grind out a BUr deck with a lot of 2 for 1s.
I like this deck. This was only his second time drafting my cube, but he put together a lot of lower power synergistic cards that stood up against generic goodstuff decks.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Can anybody suggest cards to add from this set that are super cheap (read: < 1 ticket) on MODO? Also, if you can do it in the next few hours that'd be great. About to launch a draft.

EDIT: I have 12 tickets. What is the most fun we can have on that budget?

Can anybody suggest cards to add from this set that are super cheap (read: < 1 ticket) on MODO? Also, if you can do it in the next few hours that'd be great. About to launch a draft.

EDIT: I have 12 tickets. What is the most fun we can have on that budget?
Lieutent is like 2 tix for some reason but here's my shortlist:

How are people feeling now about Wolfmother? How does she play? Where does she fall on the Planeswalker power level spectrum?
Wolf Mom is good. Sadly missing the incidental lifegain of Huntmaster, but so many cool options besides! As for power level? I dunno. Middle, I would say? Likes a prior board presence to be maximally useful, and is slower to get going if she doesn't have that, but still capable of pumping out that ~value~