Sets (STX) Strixhaven Testing/Includes Thread

I would also call Jace fairly non-parasitic. It operates on it's own, and provides both card draw and GY fuel while doing so, which is broadly applicable to blue decks in many formats. I would still call the Oracle the best pick if I could only pick 1. Jace + Oracle, to get a little redundancy to the mini-archetype.

Imagine you're a beginner to intermediate player and you see Doomsday in your first pack.
I understood it was confusing for new players as you said. Can you explain to me what is confusing about the package to your players?

I am not being edgy. I am just as confused as the people you are describing :) I am just confusing about a different thing.

I'd imagine it's something along the lines of "why would I play a card that kills me in a maximum of 5 turns?".

And out of my own experience playing/drafting it: it just takes quite a bit of time to set up your doomsday pile and then even more time & thought to play through it. It can be fun and was sometimes but it just takes up a lot of time. So that's something you have to take into account. Once you have it set up, a small mistake can still lose you the game.

I see. Thank you gentlemen.

Looking back at Strixhaven, I believe I have undervalued this card.

It's quite spectacular on both halfs. Your creatures won't stay dead for long if you cast the front, which is a Baneslayer. On the back you get an ETB effect with haste finisher.

The only small minus I will still give the card is the amount of text new players will have to read if this card shows up in a cube draft in 5 years.

(Feedback to administrators: I tagged both the front and the back in order to display both sides of the card. I don't mind. But wouldn't it be cool if we somehow could get that 'switch' feature onto Riptidelab that you see on the Mothership or Scryfall?)

Doomsday would be fine if it came with an instruction manual.

I do like that we can post just the back, as I'm sort of considering running single-sided MDFCs.

I had

It's a hard card to use. You could probably pack a Zenith or Beacon to loop for the anti deckout. I had a few anti deckout cards, but can't remember exactly what. Ideally the UB deck will Curate or Surveil away a card or two into Oracle GG on turn 4.

In a 360 card cube,

1. How many lessons do you include?
2. How many learn cards do you include?

Here are two pictures to make the post look better

Assuming you want them to function.

@Onderzeeboot you still run lessons/learn, right?[/ci][/ci][/ci]

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yep, I run:

{W}: 3 learn, 2 lesson
{B}: 2 learn, 2 lesson
{U}: 2 learn, 2 lesson
{G}: 2 learn, 2 lesson
{R}: 2 learn, 1 lesson
hybrid: 5 lesson
colorless: 5 lesson

So, in total, 11 spells with learn and 19 lessons at 450.