Contributor
Yes, but it's old art
120.jpg

CML

Contributor
while we're on the topic of portal cards, check it:

47.jpg

looks like flavor texts have reverted to a portal level

Pacifism is a stone cold classic and i won't stand for this assault on its honour.

never forget Jaya Ballard, the planeswalker we all wanted to be when we grew up:

The introduction of post-lorwyn planeswalkers as the main characters in flavour text does a lot for conveying the storyline but sometimes I feel like that's been an excuse to stop actually working on the content

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, Grakk is my hero. It's the Pacifism I use in my cube, because that flavor text rocks! (And the art is the stone cold nuts as well btw)

I actually don't mind the story-telling flavor texts much, I do hate the Gorilla Titan one, way too cheesy. I love puns, but... ewww... that one's sooo bad!

This one is pretty bad:

CML

Contributor
I actually like new pacifism:
29.jpg

The thought of some brick shithouse orc telling some dude: "But...but...butterflies!" makes me giggle

it's very close to being good but the whole "that would be sad" line is a little too nerd-style try-hard, redolent for example of Adventure Time, really though the tip of the iceberg

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
it's very close to being good but the whole "that would be sad" line is a little too nerd-style try-hard, redolent for example of Adventure Time, really though the tip of the iceberg
Yeah, that flavor text would have been perfect without the second line, and without attributing it to a random warrior. Just "If I fight, I might step on a butterfly." with that art would have been perfect.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes when scrolling this thread I forget what it's about and wonder "why are people suddenly posing all these shitty cards in the Single Card Spotlight thread?"