General Test Draft: Sunday, November 1st at 2PM EST

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
You can ask a friend.

For everyone else, send me an invite on Skype (see Skype thread) and we'll get this going.

Here's my deck from the draft tonight:-

nTcp7I5.png

I liked it, although I ended up going 0-3 and only won one game I think.

Was fun thanks guys
Creatures (16)
Gravecrawler
Bloodsoaked Champion
Carrion Feeder
Blood Artist
Mogg War Marshal
Wretched Anurid
Tuktuk the Explorer
Flesh Carver
Fleshbag Marauder
Liliana, Heretical Healer
Xathrid Necromancer
Skinrender
Falkenrath Aristocrat
Shriekmaw

Spells (8)
Lightning Bolt
Inquisition of Kozilek
Tragic Slip
Goblin Bombardment
Arc Trail
Jinxed Idol
Curse of Shallow Graves
Blasting Station

Lands (16)
Swamp
Mountain
Bloodstained Mire
Mutavault
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Barbarian Ring
Phyrexian Tower

Sideboard: (15)
Shambling Remains
Birthing Pod
Hooting Mandrills
Vorapede
Woodland Wanderer
Strangleroot Geist
Nest Invader
Rancor
Nature's Claim
Experiment One
Hellspark Elemental
Misty Rainforest
Scalding Tarn
Overgrown Tomb
Taiga

(0)

Shambling Remains probably should have made the cut but I accidentally didn't get it in the trade so I cut it.

Punted a match that I would have lost anyways, 2-0 a sweet Chasm Skulker Lorescale Coatl Deck, and then played some sort of real games against Dom where we both made misclicks and I went 1-2. Probably should have gone 2-1 but he mad a bad block early in the game I won, who knows how that would have gone.

Misclicks galore! MTGO sucks

I forgot to actually take my utility lands from Jason but this was still a pretty good deck. 1-2 I think? I only played one game my last match.
PnSGBPJ.jpg

the idea that people buy into and play legacy on mtgo is kind of astounding to me right now

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I think that MTGO will get better once we master its shortcomings, but man is it a headache in the beginning.

nB6KjKb.png

My deck. Went 2-1.

Started with a match against Suicufnoc's RB aggro which was marred by MTGO awkwardness; Gideon closed things out hard both games.

Played Dom's ramp deck next, got taken apart hard by Karn in the first. Think Green Sun's Zenith showed up three times, I always forget it does that. Second game was a bit more interesting, but I couldn't keep up with the haymakers. Crucible/fetchland pairing was an all-star that game.

Finished with a tight control duel with marwatt. First game was a bit back and forth, think Consecrated Sphinx basically sealed the game. Second game was decided by Nephalia Drownyard. By the third game I had decided I was the beatdown, lost all my wraths and pulled in Geist of Saint Traft and Consecrated Sphinx and Spectral Procession and Mana Tithe (think some of this came in for the second). The game opened with marwatt tapping out t2 for Epochrasite into Mana Tithe and me dropping Geist t3. Augur of Bolas stopped Geist but not the token, and Geist basically took the game over from there.

MTGO card trading was a royal pain - a good chunk of it related to its failure to treat cards of different versions as the same card. Draft.wtf was much more solid, and did the job nearly as nicely as actual MTGO drafting.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I watched Jason's stream for the first couple of hours. It was fun to watch the horrible trading problems and not having to deal with it. Also the friendly banter was great to listen to.
I also stalked in on the ULD and made a couple of ghost names appear.
I also watched Jason curse as he got flooded both games (only watched the first two then had to leave) against Anotak.

Streaming could improve, a decent amount of white noise on Jason's end. Aston's stream was better but buffered more on my end so stuck with Jason's.

Seemed alright for a test run. Once the kinks in the MTGO trading process get sorted I think it could be a great event that we run (bi)weekly for all to enjoy.

Yeah, I watched the stream for an hour or two while working on other stuff. Not bad for a first try, was fun listening to the discussions during the matches. Trading was a bit annoying though, too much happening during the stream. It'll be pretty sweet once you get it down and master MODO. Maybe I'll create an account and join up for one in the future, seems like fun.

Also 16 lands seemed too few for that deck Jason, though it was weird seeing that flood early and then screwed against safra. Wasteland too good.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I was really tired last night, and the headache of wrangling with MODO made things even worse. In the future I'll do the trades offline or (ideally) have somebody else handle the trading while I stream. Will think about setting up a bracket for next time too.

Sometime this week I'd like to get on Skype with someone and test out the trading process so we can find something that works 100% and document what should be done.