General Thy Times Of The Great One Cometh!

I BID TIDINGS TO YOU ALL, MY FELLOW LABORATORY ASSOCIATES. I RETURN TO YOU ALL TO SHARE THE GREATEST OF REVELATIONS AND ENLIGHTENMENT THAT TAILORS TO OUR SHARED ADORATION OF THESE WONDERFUL SPECTACLES WE CALL OUR CUBES!

As of recent, new trends discussed here in our infamous lab have shaped and crafted some of the most beautiful cubes that any gatherer of magic and mana ever set eyes upon. For years, each of us has grinded away at fine tuning fantastic themes and subthemes into every ounce of our cubes. But it is only in recent times that we have begun to see our glorious shepards of magic, WotC, begin developing sets in such a way where it is extremely evident that they have each set's draft format at the very front of their minds before almost anything else. As a result, particular themes that the mind could barely fathom getting to work in cube have become quite easy to integrate with cross synergy between archetypes becoming stronger and more interesting with each set. It could be said that such a thing is inevitable, but could any one being predict it could ever happen so fast with what we have seen from WotC before now? But I digress...

Some of our more popular ideas and themes have included:
-highly synergistic fatties
-minimalist artifacts
-cmc matters
-land types matter
-viable/interesting 5 color decks
-value reanimator

While some of these have been more discussed than others, they all have one thing in common. There is a card that fits as a roleplayer for each of these and that card is a diamond in the rough that you may consider laughable, but I ASSURE YOU, MY FELLOW GENTS AND MISTRESSES THAT THIS GREAT ONE'S TIME IS COMING!

"BUT WHO?" a few of you might be pondering. "Who could this wonderous creature be?"

I'm humbled that you care to ask.

NOW WITHOUT ANY FURTHER ADO...

BEHOLD!!! HE WHOSE STEEL SHALL GLIMMER AND SHINE BRIGHTER THAN THE FIVE SUNS THEMSELVES!!!

Admit it, you chuckled at the notion. Or perhaps you rolled your eyes in disappointment with the time you wasted only to see that this was what I chose to preach to you about. I'm certain you are to some degree amused, bewildered, or quite possibly even disgusted. But look with your eyes for a second time at this great majesty. As of now, there are numerous ways to exploit this beast with many popular pieces of riptide cubes. The power is there. It's hidden in the mana cost, the card typing, the power & toughness, even the rules text itself! The power of this card will only expand over time, and I would love to delve into more detail concerning why I feel this way, I'd much rather end my rather long rant here and see what you all have to say.

Tl;Dr: Card Analysis thread solely concerning Draco.

NO.

Where N stands for Narrow
And O stands for Obsoleted by many other cards printed in recent years

I mean, especially if you are into 5-colours good stuff, wouldn't you be playing literally any other fatty in the cube before touching this?
When Draco was printed, it was probably one of the strongest creatures you could land. But now, is it worth the effort?
Unless you have a strong CMC-matters theme, I wouldn't bother.

w7vbApx.png

BUT WHO WAS FONO?

The joke is that Malfoy is a name synonymous with a popular Harry Potter character, and Harry Potter does magic. This card game is called magic. So clearly, this post by Jason is insinuating that this card reminds him of Hagrid, who regularly stood by Neville Longbottom any time Malfoy attempted to hurt Neville's feelings.

And no this post isn't a sad attempt to keep the thread alive. You know nothing.

Inb4 Waddell replies to that last statement with "Jon Snow".