Warhammer 40k Themed Custom Cube

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Hmmmmm. Okay few questions:

1) Is this something you want as a creature keyword, a spell keyword, or both?
2) Can you mark players?
3) What do you want to happen when 3 creatures with Markerlight swing and deal combat damage to a player, provided none of them have first strike?

Hmmmmm. Okay few questions:

1) Is this something you want as a creature keyword, a spell keyword, or both?
2) Can you mark players?
3) What do you want to happen when 3 creatures with Markerlight swing and deal combat damage to a player, provided none of them have first strike?

1) both. i could see it on spells and creatures

2) yes for sure. i think this would be the main use case of the ability

3) i think damage that is simultaneous wouldn’t proc a marker. so if you wanted to take advantage of it you would have to hit with a first strike creature that had marker light or use a spell before attacking or a spell after attacking etc.

ultimately i think it would make for interesting combat math a timing complexity for when to use spells, attack, use first strike, etc

What if Markerlight read "throw X counters at your target. When damage is dealt to that target, remove that many markerlight counters from it. When you do, deal that much damage to it. Remove all counters at the end of the turn"? It's definitely wordier, but you have more control over it--a 1/3 with tap, Markerlight 3 could be interesting.