Card/Deck White One Half Drops

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I've been going through my creatures really critically now after all these color-number-drop threads, and I have a massive problem in my white 1/2 section. Right now I'm only running this one:

I haven't seen any other options I've liked, and Little Girl is really not cutting it. She'd be great if she was a 2/2 instead of wearing one. I actually went up to 4 of them because they're much better in multiples (turn one Champion of the Parish, turn two FOUR LITTLE GIRLS, BASH)
What are you guys running?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've been running the 4x Little Girl package, but I think you want some cross-color support so that it's not a strictly mono-white archetype.

Also, for explosive starts, might I recommend City of Ass?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Also, you should be sure to include some flavorful hate in other colors to stymie the blisteringly fast starts mono little girl aggro is capable of.

The disciple especially is mature enough to withstand the power of four little girls and survive to tell the tale for a single red mana!

PS. Can I like your post a second time for the tutu joke :D

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hahaha, I just read the flavor text on Disciple of the Old Ways.

I probably shouldn't laugh at the idea of "true nature" ripping little girl's face off and wearing it as a trophy (bunny ears and all). Somebody help me!

Wait how does half mana and half power work?

I don't get it? You just cast the creature, then attack with it. You midrange and control people probably woudn't get it. Its this new thing called aggro. Kind like tempo, but without the counterspells and stuff.

I guess I'll look it up on salvation seeing as you insist on being both unfunny and unhelpful.

Time to kill the joke. Half mana was a joke mechanic in a joke set. Half stats are the same deal. It's all a joke. Hence my more inappropriate one about flashing.

So there is no way anyone has figured out to make these work in a reasonable game of magic and you all have been talking about nothing this whole time?

In all seriousness, its not one of the un-cards that works within the rules at all, so I don't see how the question can be answerered really. I'd say if you have one mana, and spend 1/2, you have 1/2 left. If you attack for 1/2 and they're at 20, it puts them at 19.5.

Engineered Explosives for one half

Also let's compare to Squire. Twenty yeere of age gets you greete strength (1 power) and wonderly deliver (2 toughness? I'd hate to see what a wonderly insectile aberration can do).

Based on those stats I think Little Girl is 6

Also I am pretty sure half mana is the absolute least nonfunctional thing in the Un sets.

Edit: Ok, I guess you run into problems when you try to convert half mana into half a card (in a library or hand especially), half a counter, or half a player. There might be problems associated with what happens to existing cards when damage etc can be in halves, and 2HG is more screwed than usual.
At the moment I can't think of anything else though

For a while I thought denimwalk was pretty sweet but this was back when creatures were worse and burn was better.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
So there is no way anyone has figured out to make these work in a reasonable game of magic and you all have been talking about nothing this whole time?

Yeah this thread has just been a bunch of crap and a few good puns. I posted it because I wanted to make fun of all the "white two drops" or "pink 11 drops" threads we've been having.

Massive respect (bruv) for adm326 for working out her age, though the logic is pretty fuzzy.