Why not: My Friend's Peasant Cube

I was bored one day, so I typed up every card in my friend's cube in order to see what the "Analysis" page on CubeTutor looked like.

So here it is: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/24133

83.jpg

All the cards are either C/U, or like Clone, they fall under "it was Uncommon once, so it counts". Which I kinda disagree with, but at least in Clone's case it will always EtB as a copy of a creature that's C/U, so whatevs.

Things that win games in this cube:
Things this cube might need:
Sweepers (at C/U?)
Faster mana
More focused gold section?

I do not have direct control over the design of this cube, but a few of my suggestions have gone in. (put in a billion Brainstorms! thanks, Riptide!) We're about to do a Khans update, so hit me with any errant ideas or impressions you might have.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Isn't brainstorm kind of terrible here without fetchlands?

It dosen't look too bad for sweepers. You could run various pyroclasm effects in red, starstorm and rolling thunder; evincar's justice in black. I had no idea dakmor plague was a card, but there is also famine and sickening dreams.

I would cut behemoth sledge and loxodon warhammer for power reasons. Cut swords and lightning bolt for something more interesting, and add some protection effects to white. I would get rid of the signets and add bouncelands.

Looks pretty reasonable though, all-in-all.

Isn't brainstorm kind of terrible here without fetchlands?

It dosen't look too bad for sweepers. You could run various pyroclasm effects in red, starstorm and rolling thunder; evincar's justice in black. I had no idea dakmor plague was a card, but there is also famine and sickening dreams.

I would cut behemoth sledge and loxodon warhammer for power reasons. Cut swords and lightning bolt for something more interesting, and add some protection effects to white. I would get rid of the signets and add bouncelands.

Looks pretty reasonable though, all-in-all.
Without the combo pieces that Riptiders run, Brainstorm mostly is used to unfuck a crummy hand and smooth over the earlygame. It's not as exciting, but it still sees play.

I've been trying to wheedle the signets out of the cube for awhile now - no luck yet!

I'll pass on the other suggestions along with cutting a couple of the brainstorms, since we have so few scry effects. Maybe replace them with scry effects if I'm lucky!

Thanks for the help, and for backing me up on the Swords and Bolt stuff without me even having to mention them. :D

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Without the combo pieces that Riptiders run, Brainstorm mostly is used to unfuck a crummy hand and smooth over the earlygame. It's not as exciting, but it still sees play.

I've been trying to wheedle the signets out of the cube for awhile now - no luck yet!

I'll pass on the other suggestions along with cutting a couple of the brainstorms, since we have so few scry effects. Maybe replace them with scry effects if I'm lucky!

Thanks for the help, and for backing me up on the Swords and Bolt stuff without me even having to mention them. :D

Brainstorm is pretty shit when it draw locks you for 2 turns. Ponder/Predorain would probably work better on their own without fetches

for Signets, I'd suggest a pile of agnostic mana rocks: Azorious signet is a billion times better in regular cube than Gruul Signet, but the difference between mind stone and prismatic lens is small, even if there's like 3 of each

Also I say this to ever peasent cuber I meet, but think about running rare manafixing. Even if it's just like painlands or something, don't punish your aggro drafters by only having tapped lands so they have to go mono basics