Card/Deck Wishboards

So in competitive events, if you have Cunning Wish, you have to make a "wishboard". A small selection of cards that you are allowed to tutor via Wish spells.

Of course the simplest solution for Cube is to just allow Wish to grab anything you want from your sideboard.

I swear I've seen somewhere that a cube designer instead made a "wishboard" for their cube, and stocked it with exciting, high-power, but very narrow cards that would be terrible in the cube but fun to tutor in with a Wish. Hell, this could be the place to debut custom card creations, especially sillyass ones that are too weird or powerful for people on the internet to take seriously.

Has anyone tried running Wishes in a cube environment? Is it worth the overhead?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
The associated cards

Assuming you want to maintain a wishboard for the cube, I'd stick to 1-2 wishes (Probably Burning/Living) since beyond that things get unwieldly.
Try and add fewer Kor firewalkers and more Perimiter captains to the wishboard (There are some truely insane hosers in magic's history)

At it's base, this is a tutor, which I've had very little success with because of the relative evenness of my power level. CML, you've got a bit of a fetish, care to weigh in?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I swear I've seen somewhere that a cube designer instead made a "wishboard" for their cube, and stocked it with exciting, high-power, but very narrow cards that would be terrible in the cube but fun to tutor in with a Wish. Hell, this could be the place to debut custom card creations, especially sillyass ones that are too weird or powerful for people on the internet to take seriously.

I had a variant on this type of thing in microsealed.

If I were to do it I'd just make a wish binder, but it's kind of hardcore so I wouldn't use wish cards when new players are around.

There's also ring of ma'ruf.

I think this idea sounds like it could be great fun, and you're right go for things that are bombalicious fun like

I suppose you could have things to save yourself in an emergency like

But whatever's.

CML

Contributor
I thought about this, but then you'd rather just have the cards in your MD. The point of Clittering Wish being that it means you have 4+ of certain narrow cards, obviously not true here because you can only run one and not pay, say, GW extra for it.