General Monthly Fun Q: What's your favorite thing or topic on Riptidelab?

- Are you a fan of the low-power thread?
- Do you mostly enjoy when there's spoiler season and we discuss the new cards? Or when Train published his Includes and Testing thread?
- Or do you prefer showing off your new custom card designs and comment on other designs?
- Maybe your thing is when someone finds a brand new idea and publishes an article about it like the 'Cryptolith Rite' thread, the 'The Art of Science and Giving Choices' thread, the 'Edict Effects' thread or the 'Untap Based Ramp' thread.
- Could also be the Fight Club, the Alter thread, CBS, Cultic Cube or any other thing you can participate in on this website.

What's your favorite kind of thing to do on Riptidelab?

—————-
Past Fun Q
—————-

(12) Least Favorite Place to Live
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/monthly-fun-q-what-land-would-you-least-want-to-live-in.3617/

(11) Other Hobbies
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/monthly-fun-q-what-is-your-favorite-hobby-besides-magic.3598/

(10) Most expensive card
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/weekly-fun-q-what-is-your-most-expensive-card.3569/

(9) Most Undervalued Card
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/weekly-fun-q-what-is-your-most-undervalued-card.3567/

(8) Favorite Standard Meta
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/weekly-fun-q-which-was-your-favorite-standard-meta.3565/

My favorite posts are the ones that highlight obscure but solid B-list cards that everyone else has either forgotten or never knew existed in the first place. The shitposts are a close second.

For threads as a whole, I'm a fan of the classic "ask a question answer a question" threads--Fight Club, Looking for a Card, Low Powered Card Spotlight being the most prominent ones--because it's nice to get outside perspective on the sorts of smaller decisions that often don't get as much attention elsewhere.

For me it’s when someone writes an article that gives me a whole other view of cubing. Or introduces a deck/theme I didn’t know I wanted, nay needed. I believe those threads are the ones that demand the most of its author but they are also the ones that gives me the most joy. Even when the thread doesn’t convince me (immediately or ever) to try out that new thing.

I come here to get inspiration. And for obscure cards, just like Zoss.
But the most fun thread was the "we created a cube". I really enjoyed participating in that, creatong something together with the rest of the community.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I can get in my head sometimes. It's good to come here and expose ideas to people who can tell me if what I'm doing is crazy or not crazy enough

Next patch is hopefully adding green prowess btw

I come here to get inspiration. And for obscure cards, just like Zoss.
But the most fun thread was the "we created a cube". I really enjoyed participating in that, creatong something together with the rest of the community.

Uuuuuuuh I might start version (202)2 up.

Last edited:

landofMordor

Administrator
I like having a place where I can write up my cube (ie, the blog sub-forum) just to keep me humble when I say things like "Bind the Monster is exactly what my cube wants" (yikes!). And I also love the memes. And I also heartily second everything that's already been mentioned.

I don't post much but I like this forum (sometimes it's just hard for me to write in English, I'm not that good). One of the things I like the most of this forum (also comparing with other forums that exist and I don't like as much) is the fact that the environment is really friendly, you look all casual people that want to have fun with this game that is still just only a game. Sometimes people –my past self included– forget this part about Magic and always want to maximize win% and have competitive decks and win. Here people want to "maximize fun%" and I think that's great. Other than that, also the discussions on non-Magic topics are really funny and interesting! I would like to participate more, but not always I have something to say, and sometimes I know what to say in Italian but I can't translate it! I still love the forum and you all, though!

Certainly spoiler season is my favorite time to be here. This was my favorite forum to lurk long before I started posting, and now as the only place I've been able to find thoughtful cube-related commentary on the cards that don't fit neatly into the idea of a 360/450 wtwlf-styled cube (which I find engaging as well, don't get me wrong), I'm able to participate in meaningful debates about any new card of note.

Building a cube is building your own board game with a shared ruleset, and so the approach folks here have where we interrogate potential use-cases in a vacuum makes for more compelling analysis than anywhere else. Even if I were strictly a retail limited, EDH, or constructed player, the approach of a cube curator is more holistic and uncovers novel synergies earlier than most other players chatting in public outlets.

Incredibly grateful for this place, and if I had just a little more time in the day, I'd be creating content to kick off even more discussions here.

Certainly spoiler season is my favorite time to be here. This was my favorite forum to lurk long before I started posting, and now as the only place I've been able to find thoughtful cube-related commentary on the cards that don't fit neatly into the idea of a 360/450 wtwlf-styled cube (which I find engaging as well, don't get me wrong), I'm able to participate in meaningful debates about any new card of note.

Building a cube is building your own board game with a shared ruleset, and so the approach folks here have where we interrogate potential use-cases in a vacuum makes for more compelling analysis than anywhere else. Even if I were strictly a retail limited, EDH, or constructed player, the approach of a cube curator is more holistic and uncovers novel synergies earlier than most other players chatting in public outlets.

Incredibly grateful for this place, and if I had just a little more time in the day, I'd be creating content to kick off even more discussions here.
The forum is made brighter by your presence. Comment more often please :)

I come here mainly for learning more about cube design so what I like the most are the posts/articles/threads talking about design concepts. Also, I'm not exactly the more experienced magic player ever so discovering cards in the spotlight threads is always nice.