General Cockatrice cube draft?

Which cubes are you most interested in drafting, and when? Choose any that sound good.

• FlowerSunRain's cube

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Eldrazi Domain cube

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • CML's Cube

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Grillo's Innistrad 360 cube

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Eric Chan's cube

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Etherium Astrolabe

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Dandy Cube (is it even possible to draft custom cards online?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time: Friday 1/23 8 pm MST

• Time: Saturday 1/24 5 pm MST

• Time: Saturday 1/24 7 pm MST

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
we had this conversation a year ago, this is why you asked the guy to implement the draft recap feature, rather than try and do it ourselves (also i didn't want to learn the crazy language he was using at the time)

we had this conversation a year ago, this is why you asked the guy to implement the draft recap feature, rather than try and do it ourselves (also i didn't want to learn the crazy language he was using at the time)

So yeah lets write our own in PHP yes?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Yet another thing websockets would be good for. (I just tried to set up my utility land draft website on the riptide servers and couldn't do it in the end because they don't support websockets.)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Isn't everything supposed to be programmable in HTML5 these days? I heard it solves all of our problems (and by that I mean war, famine, and toe stubbing)

Thanks for playing, folks! We ended up having 5 people drafting. Rasmus had to drop out because it was getting too late, but Dom and I got to do UR tempo against WB human tribal. WB human tribal reeeeally crushed me thanks to Xathrid Necromancer. What a house. I had a Stromkirk Noble that might have won me a game if I had drawn it, but alas it was not meant to be.

Eric got to face Vibe, I don't know what decks they ran or who won though.

Next time: we'll have to start earlier, it seemed to be very late for the folks who showed up.

Try again in two weeks, yeah?

VibeBox

Contributor
eric crushed me. i was g/b ramp basically just trying to tutor for and cast army of the damned
he was rdw withs counters. his monestary swiftspear and guttersnipe ran over me.

is there a way to post .cod files as a deck?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
bumbeh, thanks for organizing. It takes a bit to get us off our collective lazy asses, but you were able to do it. Now who were the people who voted for Saturday 7 pm MST, if none of the five of us who showed up voted...?!

Wait, you were UR tempo, too? That explains where all my Delvers went, then.

The other UR tempo

I learned that Memory Lapse is a thing with Mindshrieker.

Vibe: From Cockatrice, you can "Save deck to clipboard", and then paste it here within [cubedeck][/cubedeck] tags. From there, it's just a little bit of editing to get it into forum format.

VibeBox

Contributor
play army of the damned through science or magic

edit; ugh, im the worst how do i make this go at all horizontal

we definitely need to get more drafts together

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
wow this is awesome.

Eric that deck is insane.

I really like that humans deck too, though the pod seems a bit out of place?

Don't feel too bad about that GB deck. I've drafted decks like that before. They tend to be reasonable, but a bit underpowered, and win by really small margins.

Do you guys feel that swiftspear was too good? I just added it, and it looks terrifying with those threaten effects.

VibeBox

Contributor
\
Do you guys feel that swiftspear was too good? I just added it, and it looks terrifying with those threaten effects.

i didn't. it was a strong 1 drop but tbh one of the 3 stromkirk nobles in this cube would have done more damage to me both games
it was synergistic with the deck and could have been better if the games had played out differently, but overall i'd say it felt like a reasonable threat against me

VibeBox

Contributor

The other UR tempo

ok so i just smoked and im checking this out and sheesh.
no wonder i felt like you just always had a way maintain your advantage. this deck is so gas.
makes me wish i got to keep my young pyromancer start from the first draft we restarted : -p

I learned that Memory Lapse is a thing with Mindshrieker.
sure is! i needed that solemn simulacrum to stick to have a shot at winning but the birdie ate it instead and i died.

the first game i was a topdecked land from casting army for i think two turns, but turned out it wouldnt have mattered because hellrider

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Pod is there because I didn't want 18 lands but didn't have many playables, and it's always fun

Drafting it was an interesting experience, I felt lost a lot of the time but managed to muddle through

wow this is awesome.

Eric that deck is insane.

I really like that humans deck too, though the pod seems a bit out of place?

Don't feel too bad about that GB deck. I've drafted decks like that before. They tend to be reasonable, but a bit underpowered, and win by really small margins.

It should be noted that I drafted BUG as well. I took pretty much all the pay-off cards, I think, with like laboratory maniac, wormharvest and stuff like that. It was 4 am where I was so I almost fell asleep during the draft. A lot of fun though, sad I didnt get to build an actual deck and get steam rolled by the aggro guys!