Recent content by KeithCubes

  1. KeithCubes

    General CBS

    Gwen did an @everyone on their Discord announcements channel if you're terminally online enough to get those. Fortunately I knew it was coming so I just downloaded the Scryfall images of Alchemy rebalances I use and uploaded them to imgur. So now you can just add back the usual Symmetry Sage...
  2. KeithCubes

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    Bloomburrow tried making this a thing with cards like the aforementioned Essence Channeler, Zoraline, Cosmos Caller and Lunar Convocation. It's also what makes Gwenom, Remorseless a sweet card, despite having some of the issues with big lifelinking creatures I was talking about earlier...
  3. KeithCubes

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    I think of 'supporting aggro' as creating an environment where early play to the board early is advantageous. By contrast, I've played cubes where the optimal strategy is to just play haymakers, with all your 1-2 mana spells being removal / ramp. I don't need to play any creatures until turn 3...
  4. KeithCubes

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    In my opinion Soul Warden looking at creatures entering from both sides is annoying since it becomes almost like a stax piece for playing creatures, it's unsatisfying to remove, and makes a lot of triggers to keep track of. The Wardens that only look at your side like the new Liliana the...
  5. KeithCubes

    General Fight Club

    Some cubes like Supplier more since it's a Zombie, but creature types aside, I'm a fan of what Manipulator brings to the table. While Supplier does a better job milling, its floor is much lower if drawn late, and I don't like my 1 drops to be dead draws unless played on curve. I don't think...
  6. KeithCubes

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    I had missed Marwyn too, but I'm pretty sold on Cultivator at this point. I think deathtouch is a good tool for green to have to deal with larger threats (esp. via fights / bites), but I dislike the play pattern of holding stupid 1/1s on defense, leading to board stalls. Since Cultivator gets...
  7. KeithCubes

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    Empower Jace, compared to Amass, definitely gets better the more you have of it. That may sound painfully obvious, but what I mean is while I'm perfectly happy with Bothersome Noisemaker being my only Amass enabler since there's actually advantages to the token staying small, Empower Jace has to...
  8. KeithCubes

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    I play more in the med-high power level (just below vintage), but I like to keep aristocrats aggressive so I come with a bunch of suggestions. Most of these will probably fail for you in terms of flavor / complexity / power level, but hope you can find something that works for you! Vraan...
  9. KeithCubes

    General Fight Club

    Vibrant Outburst The art is … questionable, and it got overshadowed by Traumatic Critique in the same set, but for a low to the ground swiftspear type deck this card is everything you want. It doesn’t offer a lot from a cube equity perspective, but it has a little more play on offense and...
  10. KeithCubes

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Two more options if you have some payoff looking for sacrifices happening: Phantom SteedIllvoi Galeblade The galeblade isn’t worth splashing for, but can play into other flying men / ninja type strategies.
  11. KeithCubes

    Sets The Hobbit

    It's never too late to heal the world and cut a Mh3 card from your cube. Maybe I'm overrating it, but this looks great for a wide range of cubes. Scorching Dragonfire is a card more of us probably should run, just so red has a way to deal with annoying black recursive creatures ... but it's...
  12. KeithCubes

    Sets The Hobbit

    The real magical Christmas land is wombo comboing your Kudo, King Among Bears with Beorn. While not needing any typal payoffs, I do think these cards are more fun when there are other cards sprinkled throughout the cube to work with them. Unfortunately I'm not running any bears, but Kudo...
  13. KeithCubes

    General [MSH/MSC] Marvel Super Heroes Testing/Includes

    I've already made space for 23 includes in my 720 card cube, which for the largest MTG set ever, is honestly pretty conservative. Due to the wonky spoiler season, I keep finding new cards, so there might be even more before all's said and done! Instead of belaboring the obvious hits, I'll try...
  14. KeithCubes

    General Card Theft

    I try to avoid these cards in my cube too, which is a bummer since they make up like half the enablers for the whole Grixis 'play from exile' strategy. Card theft is obviously frustrating, but from a synergy perspective, I don't see why I would want a card from my opponent's deck to begin with...
  15. KeithCubes

    Card/Deck The Selesnya Conclave (GW)

    Trying to make Selesnya's theme 'attacks alone' feels a little heavy handed, similar to what you described happening with enchantments. I'm also a little thrown off by you saying you were let down by Kutzil, Malamet Exemplar, which is a known peasant all-star and real contributor to this kind...
Top