Recent content by StrionicAdventurer

  1. StrionicAdventurer

    General Land Storm

    I've been seeding some of these combos into my Landfill cube, and I'm eyeballing Quirion Ranger as part of the family, too.
  2. StrionicAdventurer

    Landfill - A Bar Cube!

    Some custom tokens for Landfill I'm amazed that there are still no Sand tokens. We've had MULTIPLE sets in desert environments since Dune-Brood Nephilim was first introduced. The people crave sand! And also, I want to run Sphinx of False Conclusions and I don't want to use a generic Copy token...
  3. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    Really wish this was one of the sets where we got 4 commander decks. I'd have killed for an enemy-wedge echo version of Alara (named Alaren't) with monogreen Breya and colorless Grown-Up of Alaren't (a creature who improves your credit score when he dies).
  4. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    Another lifegain payoff I like (one that feels less parasitic) is black cards that cost life. I'd imagine the most popular examples are Dark Confidant and Bolas's Citadel. All players have life to spend, so the cards can go into any deck and do their thing, but a lifegain deck gets to do more...
  5. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    I've never run a lifegain archetype because I'm still a bit of an oldhead when it comes to the concept of lifegain. Like, it's fun to gain life but it doesn't make you win the game. The only time I really liked it was on Lightning Helix and similar R/W cards, or on creatures with lifelink (which...
  6. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    The set's a banger and it's got me cooking on all my cubes. For right now I'm heavily focused on Landfill, since it's seeing actual play and it's compatible with my current amount of disposable income. (Call your senators about daycare costs in the USA. Just kidding. They don't give a fuck and I...
  7. StrionicAdventurer

    General Custom Cards: The Lab

    Just let me design a few W/U cards, WotC. I'm not going to mess anything up, I promise. Just let me make a couple. Also, I whipped up a special token for Spinx of False Conclusions and attached it below.
  8. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    Stinging Vitriol I predicted they would make a card named "Sick Burn" in this set, but they missed their shot.
  9. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    I really wish she had a cooler epithet than "First Responder," but this looks like a pretty fantastic card for my Landfill cube. There's already a bit of an incidental flying thing and an incidental flicker/ETB thing going on in white/blue, and she can bounce your lands! This kind of ability has...
  10. StrionicAdventurer

    Landfill - A Bar Cube!

    Thanks for your thoughtful comments on my cube! I want to respond to all this but totally out of order: Definitely looked at this card and it might even have been in an early draft. I think I ultimately excluded it just because it doesn't have reminder text for Flashback and in the R/G section...
  11. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    Oh it's definitely a sweet card, I just can't put it in Landfill because it's a strict no-counters environment. Unfortunately, cutting counters and DFCs has left me without a lot of options for graveyard synergies in W/U, so I'm on the lookout. Hoping for a couple more Surveil cards in these colors.
  12. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    Proctor of Potential has broken my heart with that finality counter.
  13. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    Man I really hope this card is not constructed playable, because it would be PERFECT in Landfill. I have been longing for a card to replace Deeproot Wayfinder (a perfectly fine card that unfortunately references Battles). Trading out the surveil for a prepared land-entomb spell would be so...
  14. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    My other wish is that we meet Echoverse Jaya Ballard, and she's also a red-aligned pyromancer badass. Have her show up in the final confrontation like "What's up, dipshits, I'm here to destroy target blue permanent."
  15. StrionicAdventurer

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    I would have liked Empower a lot more if the rest of the Lorwyn 5 had gotten their own cards with the mechanic. I'm just not that into Jace, although they've done a lot to make him more interesting. As a character I think he's cool, I just want to deal 3 damage and Empower Chandra 2 instead...
Top