General (BRO) The Brother's War Spoilers

arcaneproxy.jpg

Cool card, kind of like Snapcaster Mage but different and modal. I like this more than Sea Gate Stormcaller.

1667160215465.png

This card is sweet for any dedicated U/R Artifacts deck. Nice archetypal walker that can put in work, especially if you can pump it out a turn earlier off an early rock or something. I do wish it had started at 4 loyalty and ulted at -5 however to open up the line of just flooding the board with 4 thopters. Drawing cards on a +1 is nice, making flying bodies to protect itself while you branch into other plays is real solid, and this curves incredibly well off Saheeli, Sublime Artificer from WAR. You get fodder for Daretti and Welder activations as well. Also that art is just killer, I'm in love.

View attachment 7675

This card is sweet for any dedicated U/R Artifacts deck. Nice archetypal walker that can put in work, especially if you can pump it out a turn earlier off an early rock or something. I do wish it had started at 4 loyalty and ulted at -5 however to open up the line of just flooding the board with 4 thopters. Drawing cards on a +1 is nice, making flying bodies to protect itself while you branch into other plays is real solid, and this curves incredibly well off Saheeli, Sublime Artificer from WAR. You get fodder for Daretti and Welder activations as well. Also that art is just killer, I'm in love.

Damn, they really keep making Saheeli cards I want to play. I'm constantly juggling between all three of them and this is only going to make it worse!

idf0n0cryzw91.jpg

Both versions of the art are great too!

That Saheeli is amazing and I love it. I love planeswalkers where you're likely to use every part of the card, and I'm not seeing a single ability I'd ignore.

EDIT: Also, they're apparently reprinting Diabolic Intent into Standard? The hell?

I guess it'll drive down the price a little bit...

Last edited:
Yeah, it definitely feels like more of a "constructed" card — have four other Soldiers on the battlefield and ready to attack is a bit of a tall order in Limited.

hajarloyalbodyguard.jpg

Speaking of Watchwolves... this is the first time RG has had a real printed 3/3 Watchwolf variant (other than the un-one). It's probably not as good as Territorial Kavu, but I think it is reasonably playable for people who might be interested in such a thing.

My only concern is that people would look at the text in the box and go "ah, you support Legendary Creature Tribal!"

I mean, more power to the person who can support a Bard Class deck in Cube, but even I'm not that crazy.