Sets (MKM) Murders at Karlov Manor Previews

caseoftheforsakenfeast.jpg
conspiracyunraveler.jpg

The mythic's cool (if a bit impractical), but the Case caught my eye:

Case of the Forsaken Feast - W
Enchantment - Case
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
To solve - You have gained at least 5 life this turn.
Solved - Sacrifice ~: creature cards in your graveyard have "you may cast this card from your graveyard" until end of turn.

What a neat little card.

On a more positive note, the clue set is giving us some real gems:

View attachment 9205

That's a real nice and elegant hybrid design, high on ravnican flavor.
Oh wow!!

So many feelings. I love this card mechanically. I do. It's probably a little weak for my list but I adore the hybridness, the effect...everything!!

It makes me so happy to see the Golgari watermark on the card. I understand why they didn't do it for this set, but it feels so bad.

But this doesn't look like it's on Ravnica either!! This looks like the underdark of Ixalan, no vaguely European dress on a green elf is going to fix that.

It makes me so happy to see the Golgari watermark on the card. I understand why they didn't do it for this set, but it feels so bad.

Oh no!! I hadn’t noticed.
That’s terrible Wizards. This will feel really bad for many years to come until all the cards are obsolete in all formats.

This thing has real legs:
View attachment 9208

These seem interesting, maybe maybe not:
View attachment 9206View attachment 9207

These are the precise top three I was going to talk about too. Miss Scarlett (Headliner Scarlett) is an absolute bomb, and even if you need to keep her back for defense for some reason (no????) she still untaps with a good Chandra impression. Will make room without a doubt. Not necessarily a first-tier 4-drop in red for powered Cubes, but really not that far behind, and certainly better than some of what even the MODO Cube is currently running. Sad she dies to bolt like her cousin Hellrider though.

I adore . I will fit this in no matter how I have to justify it; the hybrid cost just makes it way too flexible and it'll often pay you back more cards than you discarded....even if there is a cost. It's also gigantic, coming down as a 5/5. I was recently thinking of putting back in Avatar of Discord, one of my all-time favorite cards from when I first started playing, but one I recognize is not ideal (even Mercenary Knight outlasted the Avatar by 5 years!). This card scratches the itch that has kept Anje's Ravager front-and-center in my on-deck binder pretty well. But why does this little devil have a silly hat???

I'm very down to have more titans: I prefer Vernal Sovereign slightly to Aragorn and Arwen, Wed, whom this forum successfully convinced me is an A+ mid-powered Cube top-end. Sludge Titan is another card I'll pick up for my reject cube. Milling 5 is a lot, but I'm happy to do it.

The design on all these hybrid cards is excellent, and, unlike the example in my previous post, they all feel so incredibly Ravnican it makes me filled with delight.

Speaking of delight:
Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 8.59.40 AM.png

Surveil 2 on a one-drop is a lot. I don't think my players will care enough about this, but I'm happy this card exists for future Cube projects.

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 8.59.27 AM.png
There's a lot of play to this, and it's hybrid. I might be crazy, but this is enough to test for me. I'll take a 3/2 for free with my Snakeskin Veil, thank you.

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 9.16.48 AM.png
One mana too expensive for what I want on a prowess creature, but again, this is a super good design that I'm just happy to have in my back pocket.

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 9.16.33 AM.png

Clean, powerful, and fun hybrid designs get my tingles going. It's almost like a modal card: both sides are just undercosted, but the flexibility really puts it over the edge. Attacks for more than Riders of Rohan on the turn you play it, putting in one less creature, but it threatens to do keep making tokens. I dunno. I'm willing to add 2/2 boars for this. It feels a bit weak in my Cube overall (compared to the dragons in Red or the gods in Green) but I think it gets there with the added flexibility.

Clue >>> MKM, who would have guessed???

Chris Taylor

Contributor
also this thing:
1705947226798.png
I was wondering what the downside was :p

Also is it just me or is this dead ringers levels of bad templating
1705947257538.png
I feel like I'm having a stroke

Attachments

• 1705947248073.png
    1705947248073.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 0
1705951036891.png

This looks like a fun one.
- Doubling up on your sacrifice outlets can be a big swing if you are getting 2x Blood Artist triggers
- Wrath protection that isn't too expensive to leave up
- Alpha strike or defend and finish them off with the flyers the turn after
- Trigger your Jinnie Fay, Jetmir's Second a bunch

Then you also draw a card. That is a lot of value for a hybrid instant as long as you are a creature-centric deck.

View attachment 9210
There's a lot of play to this, and it's hybrid. I might be crazy, but this is enough to test for me. I'll take a 3/2 for free with my Snakeskin Veil, thank you.
This is my favorite card so far. I think it's kind of lazy to call yourself a crab just because you replaced one of your arms and I don't really understand how it further turns other things into flash, but play wise it's a tricky little flash dude that is fun to blink.
View attachment 9216
I was wondering what the downside was :p
I'm kind of intrigued by Krasis. I want to think of it as a card with built-around potential, but with how overstatted it is it's not like you have all that much of a incentive to make it bigger by other means, so I will probably have to pass. The search for simic cards will have to continue.
I also hate the hat on this thing that otherwise has a very cool art design. This might be more fair in modern magic where decks don't run out of cards and discarding your hand is a big drawback, for my environment I think a 3 mana 5/5 menace with a lot of lategame insurance is a bit much. I'd love something adjacent to this that is a bit more reasonable though, and I'll probably add this to my maybe pile if I don't get it.